Today

10 Likes

Really love this opener. Hopefully they use this.

11 Likes

Charles Croucher & Belinda Russell won’t be hosting Weekend Today this weekend in studio as both of them are out of the country.

5 Likes

From 5:30 - no localised watermark this morning in Queensland.

7 Likes

Charles is actually in the UK. They might do a cross over broadcast if he cut his holiday short

8 Likes

Karl and Ally will be hosting Weekend Today this Saturday.

7 Likes

I don’t understand why we need rolling coverage. It’s like she died. That’s it.

1 Like

Maybe because she was the monarchy for 70 years?

10 Likes

Yeah but it’s like my drunk mum just repeating herself. You don’t need to take off all programming. Check in and out.

You don’t think this wouldn’t have been the plan for some time now?

1 Like

There’s people who work 6 day weeks in the media already for a fraction of their salary. Suck it up.

Also, as is the case for presenters like this, they will likely each work a 4 day week in the coming months to make up for it. It’s very common.

4 Likes

I normally agree with your takes on obsessive coverage but this one is far off the mark. Seldom does any other story demand such coverage as the Queen‘s death.

9 Likes

It’s the end of an era. Nobody else in the royal family will ever get the same sort of farewell like this, she has cycled 70 years and the transition from the old world to the modern world. This is a big event in human civilisation. This will be looked back at for thousands of years to come.

Won’t see such a sendoff ever again for really anyone else. It was a pleasure having her as our Queen and it will be a pleasure that I am alive and able to be part of history seeing her off.

12 Likes

Well Done to Karl, Ally, Charles & the weekday crew.

12 Likes

I probably posted this in the wrong thread. I just meant rolling coverage in general on all networks. Today are prob the best at it.

I think it’s good for the today brand that’s for sure. Made good traction lately in ratings vs key competitors, this is certainly a wise move.

Also not like we’re missing anything spectacular. Both Today and Sunrise as well as their post shows would likely be covering some shitty TikTok trend or a farmer finding a snake in his toilet if they’re not covering the death today.

3 Likes

The accuracy of this comment is perfect.

2 Likes

As you say you don’t understand. That’s on you, not the rest of the world.

As for her death being the end of the story - it’s actually the start of it. Television was in it’s infancy last time a monarch died and another ascended to the throne - there are so many points in the days that follow which will be noteable in their own right.

1 Like