Today

Yeah because it’s not like there was a lower third flipper that stayed throughout the whole show showing the weather

9 Likes

If only Telstra hadn’t axed the 1196 weather service back in 2019 for those of us incapable of looking up weather information on a computer or device.

9 Likes

It was certainly a great tribute show this morning. Very enjoyable and well done by all.

I don’t think anyone watching would have minded if there were a couple of minute or so breaks across the almost 4 hours of the show to read some other news headlines. You could argue that they weren’t needed but I wouldn’t have been upset by them either.

It’s not as if there weren’t plenty of breaks for ads and promos all across the morning. Another couple of minutes wouldn’t have detracted from the show. Plus, they did find time for traffic reports during the ad breaks.

7 Likes

Traffic reports are open windows in the ad break schedule. They aren’t in program format time hence why they still air.

1 Like

I realise that hence my comment that they are in the ad breaks. Also evidenced by their lack of a watermark.

Of course but you said “they found time” they are live links in a schedule outside of the control room at Nine studios and are at playout. They don’t have control over them is the point I’m making. They would go to air either way.

1 Like

Wednesday, 10 August
Brooke and Tim returned this morning.

5 Likes

Friday 12th August
it’s Karlos’s Birthday.

5 Likes

Today are looking for a Brisbane reporter.

8 Likes

Who’s Karlo?

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Richard Wilkins with Weekend Today promo

4 Likes

New give away next week. Breakfast is turning into a contest of who can give away the biggest prizes.

6 Likes

I’ll say this much, at least the TODAY promo’s try to incorporate a little bit of humour in them.

5 Likes

Today show featured some City to Surf coverage, but significantly less than Sunrise. Richard Wilkins presented a well produced heavily promoted André Rieu exclusive , Rob McKnight gave some opinions and some Block contestants did a cross promotion for tonight’s episode.

!

6 Likes

Scherri-Lee Biggs on weather this week.

6 Likes

8am breaking news this morning with some big sweeping shots, Ally standing behind Karl at the beginning. Looks unusual in the caps but seemed to work.

Countdown on giveaway.

8 Likes

Thursday 18th August
Ally is out of the show due to a surgery.
Brooke took over the 8:30 hour.

4 Likes

A notable win to Today yesterday morning.

5 Likes

Not only are they doing different angles and story presentation, but now when crossing to reporters they simply say “good morning” instead of throwing with a question.

1 Like