Today

Shouldn’t this be in the Nine News presenter topic?

2 Likes

I like Scherri-Lee but she really isn’t a part of the Today team.

3 Likes

Or better yet Matches, Hatches, Dispatches?

1 Like

Yeah that’s where those announcements should go so they don’t clog up the show threads with personal info.

1 Like

Just saw a promo for Today and the hedline is “Bali Ban for Bogans”. Are they trying to appeal to their fanbase by calling them bogans or the people who look down on bogans? :joy:

1 Like

Today had its fourth win of the year on Thursday. The audience for the show was its biggest of the year and matched the rating for Ally’s last day last year. Before that, it was the biggest rating since September. It was an unusual turnaround from Wednesday when Sunrise had its second biggest audience of the year.

7 Likes

Still trailing a lot in Adelaide, the token cross to Tom Rehn doesn’t really cut it. They need to try something else.

3 Likes

What if they went live in Adelaide? It’s only a half hour time gap.

1 Like

Live into Adelaide is easy and whether they did a local news at 8:30 or something it might help.

3 Likes

That would be a great point of difference.
I think Nine might also need to look into doing a local 11.30am bulletin too to match Seven.

4 Likes

Having watched the show a bit this week, I agree. I don’t mind Tom Rehn but quite frankly he isn’t a reporter so getting news from him isn’t the same and the previous method of rotating reporters was much better.

4 Likes

Same with Perth!

1 Like

Traffic Updates

9 Likes

Does Adelaide and/or Perth receive these?

1 Like

These are new yeah?

It was announced at the Nine Upfronts that they would go to internal traffic reports.

2 Likes

Yes, first day today.

@foxyrover only Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne.

6 Likes

Gee, quite a few cuts for the show this year.

At least Tom Rehn is not just a shock jock

2 Likes

I actually prefer this. Much nicer seeing a list of arterial road congestion.
Only day one so I think they’ll improve this further soon (seems like footage in Melbourne was limited - no video feeds).

3 Likes

They need a better quality screen behind her (personally surprised its not greenscreen).