Today

Would say otherwise if it’s through marriage… and Michael doesn’t even work in journalism anymore let alone for Nine.

No doubt about it, and of course journalists meet journalists and fall in love occassionally, but to me as an outsider it seems an odd thing to emphasise the family connections rather than Ally’s personal credentials, which as you say are excellent.

She’ll be a huge loss to Today, and whilst I get the appeal of ditching the 3.30am Alarm Clock from the outside looking in without really understanding the history of A Current Affair it feels like she’s giving up a show which really showcases her skills in favour of a show where she just sits behind the desk linking to reports about rogue traders.

3 Likes

They did promise some surprises… “Does anyone know where Ally’s gone?” Then then ACA them plays.

4 Likes

Seems to me Langdon got it on merit considering she’s been posted as a foreign correspondent, been one of the main faces of 60 Minutes and presented news on Nine for decades. She’s done the work and Nine has an investment in her having raised her profile by appointing her to prestigious roles. If it was about nepotism Mike Willesee Jr. would’ve had opportunities beyond working as a reporter for Nine News and A Current Affair when he was with the network.

5 Likes

i didn’t even know he’d been at Nine. i only ever really associated him with Sky News in the early days

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issues, Ideas, Suggestions

Ally appeared on Kyle and Jackie O Show yesterday morning to set the record straight about that snub to Tracy last Thursday, as the latter walked through the guard of honour. Ally said she, too, was slightly taken aback at the time.

“It’s pretty brutal when you watch the video, and I did say to Karl when it happened, like ‘Grimshaw just snubbed me!’,” Langdon revealed, going on to explain that she had been speaking to Grimshaw earlier that day.

“I had been talking to her as she was driving in that morning, about her last show and how she was feeling, so it wasn’t a deliberate snub. I love Trace,” she said, adding: “It looked really bad, I get that.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/ally-langdon-reveals-tracy-grimshaw-texted-her-after-pretty-brutal-snub/news-story/6076482f0d1550fbe466aa9d57981abf

4 Likes

Thursday, 1st December
Christmas Trees are up.
DC is filling in for Karl.
Not long now till Ally’s last day.
And it all starts tomorrow.

7 Likes

5 Likes

:cry:

It is a bit of a revolving door down there on Today.

6 Likes

Always has been

Izabella Staskowski presented the weather yesterday. I believe for the first time?

2 Likes

Just yesterday I think. Tim was back today

2 Likes

Friday, 2nd December
Today’s the day.

Plus, Tim is in the studio for the weather.

12 Likes

A beautiful speech from Karlos.
Waterworks has begun. :cry::sob:

8 Likes

A lot of fun to be had this morning. They’re ‘towing’ her 20yo Merc C Class from the car park. I’m a little shocked she’s not driving a current model. If it’s actually her car.

4 Likes

You mean Mike Munro? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here is the video :laughing:
https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1598399899510665216

6 Likes

I’ll be accused of a lack of sentimentality, but the channel 9 publicity department are going a little overboard with this hoo-haa ? The kind of promotion they’ve been doing in recent times is akin to someone who has been in the position for 10+ years!!

Plus it’s not like she’s leaving the network, they’re just rotating the presenting line up.

4 Likes