Today

A notable win to Today yesterday morning.

5 Likes

Not only are they doing different angles and story presentation, but now when crossing to reporters they simply say “good morning” instead of throwing with a question.

1 Like

Now that’s impressive.

3 Likes

Update in the ratings area.

Small things like this, I like. I love it when someone says “Good morning to you at home” or similar as well, brings the viewers in.

4 Likes

is this ‘The Block’ factor?..TV left on Nine last night so ‘I wake up with Today!’

1 Like

Agree with this. Makes the show feel a lot warmer and more welcoming.

peeping at 10 News First Weekend

1 Like

Looks like NBC Nightly News.

I like it none the less.

3 Likes

I was actually watching at that time this morning and thought all the positions and angles looked awkward.

This morning Today did a similar 8am breaking news presentation, this time with Karl standing behind Ally. The transition wasn’t as smooth with Karl’s starting his part a second too soon and talking over Ally’s throw.

Worth noting that Today’s coverage of the Logan Motorway started at 5:30 AM with live crosses to people trapped in the traffic jam Sunrise didn’t cover the story until after 6:00 AM.

7 Likes

That looks very strange to me. Doesn’t look like it works. Is there a video?

1 Like

Thursday and Friday’s segments.

4 Likes

It would work better if the camera panned in from the other side and did a clean sweep across the set rather than yo-yoing.

3 Likes

Yeah as I thought it looks extremely messy on air. Not the best idea unfortunately.

1 Like

The colourful lights above the backdrop cheapen the set.

Nice work trying something new with the sweeping shot but don’t like seeing person standing behind the first talking presenter. Should just go straight to the presenter talking and cut the handover and sweep.

The custom made story backdrop is nice and like the walk and throw to reporter in the TV.

Hate the term live shot, live look, or live view. Just use a live wipe and if you must say something… right now or now.

4 Likes

Disappointing how all the news coverage of this story today focussed on the inconvenience to motorists, while only briefly acknowledging that someone lost their life.

7 Likes

Missed the interview this week with the PM. I read that Allison asked Albo a series of question about Morrison, then says shouldn’t he be talking about the economy, not Morrison. Albo pointed out that if Ally had asked him questions about the economy, he would be.

4 Likes

Seriously starting to question her credibility of late. Seems very ‘stunty’.

4 Likes

The exchange is included in this article. Somewhat of an exaggeration toe say “snapped” BTW.

Where Mail Online “sourced” the story.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/you-asked-albo-and-allys-tense-exchange-on-scomo/news-story/afa4b76294ec04a4837134289b004e00

2 Likes

She does tend to struggle with the Political interviews, yet she almost always seems to do them compared to Karl, well at least when I’m watching.

1 Like