Today

TODAY

Today hosted by Karl Stefanovic and Ally Langdon, Australia’s most talked about breakfast show goes from strength to strength, up year-on-year in all key demos and Total People. Bringing viewers, the latest in news, sport, politics, entertainment, and everything in between, waking up with Karl and Ally – alongside entertainment presenter Brooke Boney, news presenter Alex Cullen and weather presenter Tim Davies – is a daily necessity for reliable news in these troubled times, and a well-timed laugh when we all need a morning pick-me-up.
••••
Now this should be their bio on the Nine For Brands website.

6 Likes

Surprise!!!

Source: TV Blackbox

9 Likes

They finally look like a cohesive team instead of cut and paste jobs.

2 Likes

@NewsWeary History tells us a lot can change between upfronts and the new year…

12 Likes

13 Likes

Today won the breakfast contest yesterday for the first time since July 2018.

Today was 11k ahead and beat Sunrise in all east coast markets 20k ahead in Melbourne and Brisbane.

15 Likes

It was only a matter of time before they emerged victorious at least once this year. Well done to the team and good on them for sticking to their guns over the last two years.

17 Likes

It was only a mater of time. As I’ve said before, Sunrise needs local news inserts into both these markets. The product is too Sydney focused at the moment.

3 Likes

Someone on TV Tonight suggested in the comments that Sunrise coming second yesterday could have something to do with the Thomas Markle interview turning viewers off, which could be true.

14 Likes

Its not just coming second though. Its now being pushing into 3rd position in both Melbourne and Brisbane. Anyways this is the Today thread, so ill just say well done on the win to the Today team.

5 Likes

Hopefully true and a presage for Big Brother VIP’s ratings.

5 Likes

Yet they still seem to think controversy will attract ratings. Checkmate Seven.

1 Like

Is it me or did I just find the tune of the Today Show in 2007?
The boo radleys

Go from 1:19
•••••
Today Show version:

4 Likes

Looks like 7 are saying that Sunrise won yesterday nationally which isn’t the case according to the numbers.

That is including regional.

Michael Pell at it again.

Seven are correct Sunrise won “nationally” ie metro + regional .

Desperate to grasp at straws. I get Nationally they win, but Seven don’t trade Regional. They trade Metro, yes they get an advertising cut but unlike Nine their sales aren’t integrated.

1 Like

This is literally not the reason or solution, the local inserts aren’t happening because they’re not feasible and likely won’t make hardly any difference. Give it a rest :joy:

3 Likes

Sunrise don’t even win nationally with regional according to the figures from both their press releases this morning. The admin has removed my post with the figures but there is a large difference with Today in front.

1 Like