Today

Today QLD Reporter Jess Millward is back.

7 Likes
3 Likes
12 Likes

One word. Hilarious!

1 Like
5 Likes

The biggest audience for any market for either breakfast show was Today’s rating in Brisbane - a 2021 high - just 500 ahead of News Breakfast that also did well. In Sydney, a market Sunrise usually dominate it was less than 20 viewers ahead of Today yesterday.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Happy Birthday Karl!!!

2 Likes

Speaking of Karl, now would be a good time to discuss the resurgence of Today.

Whether you like him or not it appears giving him his job back was indeed the right move for the show.

His pairing with Ally is arguably the most successful partner that he has had.

The additions of Alex, Brooke and Tim round out what I believe to be a well rounded team.

The show is in a solid place at the moment. The Nine News brand in general is in a very good place.

15 Likes

Depends what you deem as “successful”…it can have nothing to do with ratings. Literally, the day before they were last in the 5CM. No other duo have had as many days in third spot than Karl and Allison.

1 Like

Partnership.

Agree. Karl Stefanovic is Today, IMO.

Not so sure about that. What about the continuing technical issues and the fact they are always behind Seven on the 5-city totals?

The 4pm news is rating well.
A Current Affair has a lot less fluff these days and good interviews. Not to mention Saturday edition is holding up well.
60 Minutes still going strong.
Commissioning of another season of Under Investigation.

Not everything is about ratings.

4 Likes

This is honestly the type of thing I’d expect to read in a Press Release from Darren Wick or Mike Sneeby.

Since I’m personally not employed by Nine, I’m more than happy to question why the ratings of Today are still regularly behind Sunrise in Sydney.

Last I checked, there’s still a little while to go before he completely overtakes Steve Liebmann in the number of years on-air!

Moreso that Karl represents the current and next generation of Today viewers and will still have quite a few years to go, presumably.

Karl and Ally are great together, but the greatest years of the show were Karl, Lisa, Georgie, Ben and Stevie without a doubt. Ally and Karl get on well, but he and Lisa had outstanding chemistry until they didn’t.

11 Likes

Karl is only 46. Theoretically he can continue on for another 20-22 years.

3 Likes

Complete nitpicking of me but I really hate the look of the laptops on the desk. It’s 2021 surely they could find a way to tuck the computers in the desk.

2 Likes

So, because the desk was initially designed for the single-headed 6pm news, there is only one screen/computer tucked into the desk. I guess they could re-configure it to fit two, but that would probably cause interference for when there is only one person presenting? It is probably preferred to be centred.
I agree with you, but I’d say that’s the reason as to why they’re currently still visible on air.

2 Likes

Why do they need laptops? Lay a tablet flat on the desk if they really need something.

1 Like