Today

Probably in response to ā€œSunrise on 7ā€

1 Like

Antoinette having a go at Lara on Twitter.

What a piece of work she is proving to be.

1 Like

Sounds like sheā€™s making a mountain out of a mini molehill.

She knows that thereā€™s a lot of people from various cultural backgrounds living in the South-West right?

2 Likes

Didnā€™t realise it is such an issue to state a shows name and the channel it broadcasts onā€¦

1 Like

Good result for the show yesterday with wins in Sydney ( by > 500) and Melbourne (by just 35 :smile: ) before rounding of the numbers to the closest 1,000. Even without rounding the Sydney tie is rare.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/thursday-8-july-2021/17954/8?u=tv.cynic

3 Likes

Itā€™s probably a dumb tweet/reporting from Lara Vella, but zenophobic?

Anyone who works in the Sydney media industry should know about the multicultural demographics of those who reside in the South West.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not xenophic butā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that why she has this on Twitter bio? : (FAQs: No, Iā€™m not related to Sonia Kruger) :rofl:

2 Likes

Antoinette wtf are you saying? Iā€™m on Laraā€™s side.

5 Likes

Referring to it three times during one news update. Just a mouthful. Recon viewers can work out when someone has spoken on ā€œTodayā€ without the constant references to ā€œon 9ā€ every single time.

Bec again just presenting sport. Very strange. They persisted for months having Bec and Dickie split on a screen last year. Whatā€™s changed? Such a downgrade.

10 Likes

Yeah I canā€™t understand why they wouldā€™ve done this, unless she requested that? Very strange.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a practice that occurs quite a lot on NBC. ā€œBut first this is today on NBC.

I quite like it.

2 Likes

I mean donā€™t get me wrong, it looked really shit last year and I was the biggest advocate in having the two hosts together so Iā€™m glad Sophie is there with Dickie but canā€™t they give Bec something else to do until she can return to Sydney? Having one of your hosts downgraded so very obviously isnā€™t a good look.

Surprised she isnā€™t being used for Melbourne afternoon news or something. Maybe will be more when Brett leaves for Europe.

Maybe they should just wave the white flag and remove Bec from the program permanently? Thereā€™s just too much uncertainty with outbreaks and border closures happening quite frequently.

Replace Bec with Sophie Walsh, and when Sylvia Jeffreys finishes her maternity leave she can take over the hosting chair.

2 Likes

Sophie and Sylvia and move Richard on finally to doing entertainment reports for the news/location stuff again.

It was strange. In one of the news bulletins she presented the Victorian headline (ā€œHappening now in Victoria ā€¦ā€ but not the report - it was done by Izabella Staskowski.

Headline:

Sport

8 Likes

It is bizarre.

The split screen thing just didnā€™t work. I think this is a better setup.

1 Like