Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Saw that too,

I dunno what I was thinking because I just got up.

I guess it’s better than News Breakfast…

1 Like

Today started at 5am for special coverage on the Barcelona Attack this morning.

Stevie Jacobs presented the weather this morning.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Lisa left around 9am with Sylvia taking over co-hosting with Karl for the extended coverage.

Obviously Lisa must of had a prior commitment this morning.

EDIT the show ended at 10am

3 Likes

Weekend Today starting early at 6:00am tomorrow to cover the Barcelona attacks.

3 Likes

Saturday (19.08.17): Jayne Azzopardi is co-hosting with Tom this morning, as Deb is off sick, in addition to reading the news.

EDIT: Sophie Walsh joined the team from 7am, and is reading the news.

Stevie Jacobs filled in for Natalia on the weather too yesterday.

2 Likes

Sophie Walsh is now presenting the news.

3 Likes

I was pretty impressed when I stumbled upon this, this morning.
Weekend Today Queensland Promo.

Would love this sort of promo to be rolled out nationally and even for the weekday team. Thanks to @ScreenTower for the upload.

6 Likes

Interesting find. Impressive that they’d go to all that effort for a weekend show promo to have both Tom & Deb in Queensland, unless they did an OB here though I can’t recall anything? Kind of reminds me of the localised Wake Up promos before it launched.

I reckon most Brisbane folk would know that’s New Farm Park they’re filming in. I always see a lot of digital advertising around the city for the weekday Today show including David & Sonia, but nothing for the weekend version.

3 Likes

Why Brisbane? I think because at the start of last year Weekend Today was winning in Brisbane and Sydney (I think because Pete Stefanovic was on board), so they believe it is likely to win again (unlike Melbourne).

I also think that it is wise of them to promote the rather unfamiliar weekend team.

I have also noticed that Nine go to the effort of replacing their header photo every weekend on Facebook and Twitter, with Deb and Tom next to the logo saying ‘weekends at 7am’.

1 Like

3 Likes

Sunday(20.08.17): Jayne Azzopardi is co-hosting with Tom again today as Deb is off sick. Amelia Adams is reading the news.

4 Likes

Interesting as I remember a while ago Jayne was still presenting the news and Amelia was filling in for Deb. They should keep Jayne as Deb’s main fill-in if they want to go for some consistency.

2 Likes

Lisa didn’t have a cast on her arm this morning, so she must have gotten it off.

Consistency is why Amelia read the news on Sunday instead of moving Jayne back to news. However, I do agree with you. Amelia and Jayne work well with Tom.

2 Likes

Lisa had the cast back on this morning.

2 Likes

Any ideas why the cast was back?

2 Likes

She forgot to put it on yesterday in a rush or something. theres a pic of it on her socials with a swollen hand.

5 Likes

Sylvia singing the full song Total Eclipse of the Heart this morning at around 8am. I hope this show suffers the same fate as Wake Up.

6 Likes

It wasn’t that bad, I had that song stuck in my head all day and still have it now.

I even think, one of the teachers across from my classroom was playing it throu the rooms speakers.

2 Likes

The chances of Nine ever axing Today are about the same as them axing ACA or 60 Minutes…approximately 0%.

10 Likes