Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Daily Telegraph, Karl Stefanovic reveals:

5 Likes

It’s interesting to hear this considering all the rumours over the years that he wanted out.

5 Likes

Sylvia still co-hosting with Karl and Lara Vella reading news this morning.
Sylvia said Lisa was suppose to return this morning but is still unwell and might be back tomorrow.

Edit -Lisa said on her instagram this afternoon that she is returning tomorrow.

4 Likes

Haha it’s Karl, I am sure he would have said 12 months ago married life was bliss too… put something shiny and new in front of him though

1 Like

What they should have said was: Thanks to the enormous success of Nine’s Ninja Warrior, the network has won just two metropolitan ratings weeks this year.

It’s success is what helped win those two weeks.

4 Likes

I think it would have a lot to do with the over saturation of media coverage on Karl. I mean we don’t see minimum 4 stories a day on Kochie. People would just be sick of seeing him and tuning out.

3 Likes

I think their sentence made sense - despite a very successful program, the network has only won 2 weeks.

I do agree, the excessive media coverage of Karl undoubtedly contributed to Today’s losses this year. I suppose it could then be suggested that for that same reason Sunrise lost audiences in 2015/16, when the media were always reporting about Samantha Armytage.

4 Likes

This seems a bit excessive. I misunderstood it and took it as ‘weeks away from being cancelled’ before reading the article :joy:

The two shows are within 7,000 average viewers of each other. It’s almost a certainty that Today is winning in Sydney and Melbourne, and perhaps even Brisbane. I’m sure Nine will be pleased with that.

1 Like

Or perhaps the program needs some serious working on, including the removal of certain hosts.

1 Like

The point of the article is that last year when Nine made a big deal about Today being Australia’s number one breakfast show, it was all about weeks won and not about average audiences.

So they’ll find another way to spin it and make it look like they’re winning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Either way, I’m sure they’re winning in Sydney and Melbourne.

3 Likes

Georgie Gardner has a special story on her trip to Africa tomorrow on Today. I’m guessing she may appear in the studio to talk about it.

4 Likes

Deb Knight presenting news on Thursday & Friday filling in for Sylvia.

4 Likes

Yes Georgie was in the studio this morning with Karl and Lisa discussing her story.

Edit-
More of Georgie’s story about her trip to Africa with her daughter will air on Today Extra this morning which she is co-hosting this week.

4 Likes

I made a highlights package from this morning’s show but I will have to uploaded tomorrow as my internet is rubbish.

5 Likes

Next Friday the team will be broadcasting from the Sunshine Coast at the Maroochydore Surf Club.

2 Likes