Today (2015-Sept 2020)

From what I’ve seen, I’d probably argue that Today was a high quality breakfast show on commercial TV from it’s inception until around the mid-2000s.

Any good legacy made by Today has been absolutely trashed by dragging down the quality of the show to Sunrise levels or below. Not to mention, one co-host in particular…

2 Likes

Relax, its only for this week then they choose one and it turns up like Blocky does for its segment. I think the whole cash giveaway is the worst part about it, but it gets viewers. To give away that much money everyday just shows how much money the show makes. and when people miss out it would be the worst feeling.

I’m rooting for Ka$h Koala.

No need for bad language. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Can’t wait for all the chlamydia jokes Karl is preparing. :joy:

2 Likes

So Sunrise was a complete rubbish show even from the start? I thought that people liked Sunrise when Kochie and Mel first started?

1 Like

Can’t believe what I’m seeing. What a disgrace.

1 Like
1 Like

Is this Nine’s way of testing the waters for a replacement?

1 Like

I think Pete & Sylvia are the proposed successors.

Where’s Pete these days? He’s not even doing Weekend Today so why would he do Today?

I somehow don’t think viewers would take that real-life couple seriously as breakfast co-hosts.

5 Likes

Skip-A-Roo is the new Today Mascot, we are witnessing history here. Attention we are witnessing history.

10 Likes

Does it count if no-one cares or is watching?

2 Likes

The name sounds dodgy. Does Nine own the copyright to Skippy the Bush Kangaroo?

3 Likes

Karl reacting to news

Other reaction

16 Likes

Skip-A-Roo?
I thought its name was Cash-A-Roo :frowning:

2 Likes

And so it is. Which leads to another possible copyright infringement.

5 Likes

Oops *Cash-A-Roo. Sounds Dodgy either way

Saturday (08.07.17) - Sunday (09.07.17): Amelia Adams is co-hosting with Tom this weekend, as Deb is reading the news on the weekday show and Sydney’s 6pm News. Sophie Walsh is reading the news, but is being excluded as the usual third host. Stevie Jacobs is reading the weather this weekend for the second consecutive weekend.

3 Likes

Where was Jayne? I’m sure I saw her on 9 news yesterday.
I wonder whether Amelia could replace Jayne on weekend today news when Deb is back.

1 Like

@nationalnews

4 Likes