Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Why would Leila be there? She was only ever on Weekend Today wasn’t she?

(sorry, don’t know why it quoted you @Tom_TV7)

1 Like

She replaced Sharyn Ghidella in 2005/06 as newsreader, when Ghidella presented the Early News with Chris Smith.

3 Likes

Flashback to October 2008.

Heather Foord presented news for 3 weeks at the time whilst Georgie Gardner was on leave.

5 Likes

She did again in 2011 during the QLD floods, from the QLD 6pm News set. Not sure if it was national or not.

2 Likes

To make up the numbers? Because some who were invited didn’t accept the invitation.?

New cash mascot promo:

1 Like

Wednesday (05.07.17) - Friday (07.07.17): Sylvia is co-hosting with Karl, as Lisa is on holidays. Deborah Knight is reading the news.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Why do they need to have all that white space at the bottom of the screen when there’s nothing to put in it?

2 Likes

And people complain about a blue map in the corner of the screen! :grin:

5 Likes

Can I vote for Yamba :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone else think Today’s rating might increase with these new hosts they are trialing?

4 Likes

This is what constitutes news and current affairs at breakfast in Australia now?

10 Likes

Pretty dire isn’t it. Does anyone know how much time Today would spend promoting this mascot voting each day?

However maybe there’s potential in following this process when choosing new hosts for the programme :joy:

1 Like

Imagine if we had a cow on one channel and pig on another channel every day at breakfast. We could be so proud of such hard-hitting news programs in this country. :joy:

4 Likes

It would be funny if the pig did get in, given Sunrise briefly had that ugly pig costume in 2013.

9 Likes

You have to wonder what Steve Leibman would have been thinking being back on Today last week and seeing what it has become. A poor imitation of Sunrise were his thoughts in 2006 but what about 2017…

6 Likes

I’ve been an avid viewer of the Today show since I was a kid (used to endure it before my Dad left for work and changed to Cheez TV), but now as an adult I am thinking to myself - what is this crap?

Today was a polished and professional product, even as close as 2010. There was always light hearted moments and a few one liners (you only have the watch the first few episodes of Today’s Funny Bits on YouTube), to realise that even in the mid-late 2000’s there was real funny stuff that they came up with.

But now when I watch the program these days, it is very cringeworthy, it’s as if they have all seriously lost the plot and don’t really care enough in the product that they are delivering.

The mascot thing I think has been stretched a bit too far, ok it might have been funny the first day - but now we are seeing them out and about. And I think they are spending about 15 minutes at least on that whole segment, it’s pretty ridiculous.

Steve Liebmann was right in saying a few years back that Today is becoming a poor imitation of Sunrise.

10 Likes

If you were trying to watch the actual hosts this morning, this is what you were presented with

11 Likes

Which ones are the muppets and which ones are the hosts? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes