Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I actually love the current look. Very clean, bright and out of the way,

4 Likes

I just can’t stand the no ticker thing and the font. Maybe with some redesigned graphics, the set might look a bit better. But I think the current graphics are their ugliest yet.

2 Likes

Agree, but Today has never had good graphics. Set wise, I particularly hate the stripped panels.

[quote=“Reece, post:1901, topic:101”]
The Today apartment set was great,
[/quote] This was definitely their best set ever because it was open, fresh and felt welcoming. They actually had the open windows in late 2003 until 2008.

[quote=“MVP, post:1904, topic:101”]
that pissy desk that they cant fit everyone on. At least the 2013 - 2016 desk could fit the whole team.
[/quote] The old desk was too big, the current one is too small. Should be somewhere in between. As for the soft set, I would’ve preferred if they modified the one from 2012, instead of using Mornings’.

6 Likes

I’m just glad that they’ve scaled back the Fantastic Furniture fake timber which the whole thing was originally covered in. That look was really vile, at least the current treatment has a bit of colour and light even if it is a cheap copy of GMA.

Looking forward to seeing the brand new set…coming 2019-20!!

6 Likes

Ooo is this confirmed?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s going to take 3 years to build. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Won’t they be moved to their new location by then and have more of a US Today style vibe with clear windows? Or like on The Leftovers.

1 Like

It’s hideous. Way worse than sunrise which is /was heavily criticized.

4 Likes

When they have an inset on the screen there is a big block of blue wasting part of the screen and the “breaking news” strap scrolling the wrong way annoys me so much whenever I see it.

1 Like

Just an educated assumption based on the planned move to North Sydney in that timeframe! The bones of the set will be 8-9 years old by that stage so it would seem a bit silly to go to the effort of trucking it over to the new studios rather than starting afresh.

No Today/Sunrise style studio at the new building according to the current plans.

1 Like

All regular presenters are on this morning despite it being school holidays. I would have thought it would be a perfect excuse for Karl to have another week off!

2 Likes

I was always pretty tolerant of the stunts this show pulls but these stupid Blocky replacements jumping around throughout the show in the background was the final straw for me. What the fuck.

3 Likes

Were they still messing about after the segment had finished?

Just voted for the new mascot - Cash-a-roo, seems alright.

Today’s “We Love Australia Week” was a winner for Today, though they recorded the same audience as the week before.

3 Likes

They had the segment at 7.40, and then they were still referencing it during the interview with Hamish and Andy, where Hamish joked they ran out of time because of the mascot fiasco. I saw then the mascots again around 9.

1 Like

The Daily Mail have reported the Mascots were seen at Sydney Airport boarding a plane to Wagga Wagga at the time the segment actual went to air. :joy:

You could always switch to Sunrise, but you might get livestock in the background there :cow2:

5 Likes

Article over the weekend:

Another MIA name is Leila McKinnon. (Does anyone know what she does these days?)

5 Likes

Bad tabloid television?

1 Like

Perhaps she didn’t want to go.