Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Where was Ben?

Cam would have been another great addition. Also does anyone know if Jessica Rowe got a mention this morning?

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Cam was a long standing member too. so weird. how many sports presenters have they had and were they all represented?

1 Like

Only 3 since 2006. Cameron Williams, Ben Fordham and Tim Gilbert. Prior to 2006, the newsreader used to read the sports headlines. Oh and Andrew Voss used to fill in for Cam on certain days when Cam was doing Weekend Today

2 Likes

I think Ryan Phelan was on there for a short time too?

Sarah Harris was also a favourite edition but I guess they cant get guests like her and Jess who host a rival show lol

1 Like

Only as fill in over Summer

I believe Sarah was Georgie’s fill in whilst on maternity leave (for news) and of course Sarah filled in as a co-host one summer too. Would have been interesting if Sarah and Jess acknowledged Today’s 30th birthday on Studio 10 haha

2 Likes

I think Jessica Rowe’s time on Today is treated at the network in the same way as Mark Ferguson’s time presenting Nine’s Sydney 6pm news: Something that happened, but is not to be emphasised on air more than necessary. And quite understandably, I think both Jess and Nine would probably rather forget that her time on Today ever happened.

Aside from that, Nine wouldn’t highlight the former presenters currently on-air at one of their rivals! Sharyn Ghidella would be another one who fits into that category.

3 Likes

Not directly. There were no clips of her today but Karl and Tracy did talk about Today’s turbulent times, referencing Jess’s tenure. However, I can imagine how awkward it would be if they were to mention her (mind you they shouldn’t ignore her completely since she was apart of the show’s history).

6 Likes

@Wade Jess has spoken about her time on Today in her book and on her current show Studio 10 and l think it’s fair to say Nine and her wish to forget that time.
But yes she is a part of the show’s history which was a very turbulent time for all involved.

6 Likes

Sharyn Ghidella did wish them well for their 30th Anniversary and congratulated Karl and Lisa ( I have that clip too, if anyone is interested).

But with regards to Jessica Rowe, I guess everybody has very valid points with comments made about her time. I actually remember her short time presenting, aside from her slight over-laugh - I thought she was a great host of the program with lots of personality. It’s just a shame that not a lot of other people liked her. Sometimes I wonder what direction the show would have taken if she had remained.

7 Likes

That still works out, he just had a break in between lol

1 Like

I just realised that the current ‘Today’ logo is lowercase compared to upper in older ones :joy:

1 Like

Deb Knight is on holidays.

4 Likes

The farewell to Blocky was a bit tongue in cheek :no_mouth:

1 Like

Saturday (01.07.17) - Sunday (02.07.17): Amelia Adams is co-hosting with Tom, as Deb is on holidays.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Does anyone else hate the presentation of TODAY? The set and graphics are ugly and to bright for morning TV. Go back to the apartment set, would look better then today’s crap

9 Likes

I personally think the current On-Air Presentation for Today worked better before Nine News had their relaunch.

4 Likes

The Today apartment set was great, probably the best one they have had. Its a shame it didn’t last longer particularly because of the appalling mess of a ‘set’ it was replaced with.

7 Likes