Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Promised for tomorrow

7 Likes

Are they acknowledging they ever had Patrice Newell these days? Notably absent from the 30th birthday montage packages.

Nope they had a pre-packaged thing from Patrice in 2012. If it’s no longer online, I can upload it to YouTube this arvo

4 Likes

yes please!

3 Likes

35 year celebration this morning:

Niall Setup:

Steve Liebmann, Tracy Grimshaw, Liz Hayes, Stevie Jacobs, Monte Dwyer, Sami Lukis and Dame Joan Harvey have all been promoted as coming on to celebrate.

4 Likes

George Negus who was a host 1987-1990 was interviewed by Karl.
Stevie Jacobs was with Natalia talking about his best moments over the years doing the weather.
Joan McInnes the shows first entertainment reporter who was on the show for 8 years appeared talking about her time on the show.

Lara Vella is reading 7.30 News

5 Likes

New plasma graphic behind Christopher, plus flowers galore (which I like and kind of reminds of Kerri-Anne and the 2007 Sunrise set):

As of 6.30, the news is coming from studio 24 (likely due to sound checks and the audience):

Studio audience:

Ross Greenwood acknowledged predecessor Michael Pascoe who was Finance Editor for 18 years.

Inaugural entertainment reporter Joan McInnes was this morning’s first special guest. McInnes did entertainment for 8 years with Richard Wilkins doing the rest, both of which is an incredible achievement.

9 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:1865, topic:101”]
George Negus who was a host 1987-1990 was interviewed by Karl.
[/quote] Talking the news of the day.

[quote=“Salty, post:1865, topic:101”]
Lara Vella is reading 7.30 News
[/quote] :confused:

I will hand the capping/posting over to @TV.Cynic who does a much better job than me.

3 Likes

Correct then talked about his time on the show. Interestingly George now works as a travel host along with his wife.

3 Likes

Sue Kellaway and Steve Liebmann

4 Likes

Stupid mascot BLOCKY is officially gone!!!

But the good news didn’t last long. A new mascot is being voted by the audience next week. Cash Cow anyone?

5 Likes

Do it. Vote for Cash Cow. :laughing:

5 Likes

I love blocky and now he is going im sad

p.s on Monday a new mascot

2 Likes

My favourite segment the hosts reunited Tracy Grimshaw, Liz Hayes, Georgie Gardner, George Negus and Steve Liebmann talking about the show. Some funny stories from them but saddest moment was when they mentioned the late great Ian Ross the ladies were visibly upset.
Roscoe was my favourite newsreader on this show.

8 Likes

I’d love to see Steve Liebmann fill in for Karl for just one day for old time’s sake. He’s always been Mr Today Show and a true professional.

9 Likes

Some of the old clips that have been played

8 Likes

9 Likes

Here we go as I previously mentioned yesterday, here is Patrice Newell’s precorded message from Today’s 30th Birthday celebrations in 2012.
Patrice Newell - 30th Birthday Message

3 Likes

9 Likes

Niall Horan’s in-studio performance set-up:

2 Likes