Today (2015-Sept 2020)

While it would be nice to see Today/Sunrise do more broadcasts on location in SA & WA, there’s a minor issue known as the time difference which probably puts the shows/networks off from doing more OBs in those states.

Well, maybe a 30 minute time difference between SA and the East wouldn’t be so bad. But in the case of WA, you wouldn’t get too many people out and about for breakfast TV OB which is running from 3.30am to 7am (or between October & April, 2.30am to 6am!) local time. Having darkness for most if not all that time wouldn’t really make for great TV either.

It seems like it, which is pathetic IMO!

Although in any case, I personally think that breakfast TV should leave the weeks of OBs for the warmer months (say…October-April) of the year.

6 Likes

Can’t wait for them to visit Sydney. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Veteran journalist John Mangos appeared on the show today as a panelist on the ‘Head to Head’ segment - first time i’ve seen him on the show - happy to be corrected though. I know he’s been a commentator on Sunrise before (from memory).

2 Likes

The first time I saw him make an appearance on Today was on January 23 2017.

[quote=“Syd_TVChannel, post:1799, topic:101”]
he’s been a commentator on Sunrise before (from memory).
[/quote] Which goes back to his contract with Seven around 2012, when he was a regular presenter.

That is the reason why the breakfast shows hardly go to SA and WA and love to go to place like Hawaii.

4 Likes

I found this video of him on Weekend Today in 2015, although I’ve seen him appear on the show before that.

4 Likes

and you just know Sunrise is behind the scenes saving their money trying to secure Harry Styles.

Sylvia co-hosting with Ben and Lara Vella presenting news this morning. Lisa is off sick.

5 Likes

B team.

1 Like

In-program promo for next week.

3 Likes

Happy World Selfie Day + the presenters = “How do you do fellow kids?”

1 Like

Why have they got two people presenting news?

1 Like

4 Likes

Sylvia co-hosting with Ben (her co-host)… and Lara Vella presenting news this morning.

5 Likes

would that be a breakfast TV first? a host with a cast on?

2 Likes

Jess Rowe sprained her wrist back in 2006.

2 Likes

Oh… she just had to get in first! :laughing:

2 Likes

Mel Doyle had a broken arm when Sunrise relaunched in their first unique set.

3 Likes

Thursday (22.06.17): Ben Fordham is co-hosting with Lisa this morning. Karl returns from leave tomorrow.

And that is why Mel always sat on the left from then on.

2 Likes

I reckon he will be back on Monday.

He’s not welcome in my house. Last time I invited him into my home he left without so much as a thank you or goodbye.

4 Likes