Today (2015-Sept 2020)

More headlines today about the private lives of the hosts.

2 Likes

What network does he work for?

2 Likes

Indeed. He has a point about the disgusting approach from The Daily Mail but itā€™s hypocritical when his own network and show does exactly the same.

1 Like

A nice change for once. Sylvia is a pretty average newsreader on Today anyway so Iā€™m not complaining.

2 Likes

Agree. Iā€™d make Lara Vella permanent.

5 Likes

Given the approach of his network, I donā€™t see any reason but to look at this latest ā€˜speechā€™ as a calculated media strategy to a) recover Karlā€™s popularity that has taken a hit recently by playing the underdog and b) generate interest for Today to increase ratings and Facebook video views.

3 Likes

I have to disagree there. Everything Karl said in the editorial was fair and true. For you to claim it was a publicity stunt is very speculative. Of course he is going to get (and has already received) a lot of public support from this, but the fact that he even made reference to Sam Armytageā€™s incidents with the Daily Mail shows that this was primarily meant to be constructive.

Thatā€™s my two cents worth anyway.

5 Likes

Watched the segment. Good on Karl. He even stood up for Sam Armytage on Sunrise.

Sleazy website. Itā€™s also got a reputation in the UK for posting pictures of barely-18 yo girls and saying ā€˜Look, itā€™s legal!ā€™

1 Like

The Daily Fail are coming for Karl now, have a look at their homepage.

This means war! :sweat:

What a headline:

Plummeting ratings, bizarre criticism of his networkā€™s Pippa and Corby coverage and now more humiliation for Karl Stefanovic as his OWN bosses cut him off mid-rant to go to an ad break

1 Like

The Daily Wail revelling in the publicity :slight_smile: Thanks Karl for gifting them all the extra clicks.

The Editor for the Daily Fail used to be editor of News.com.au, will be interesting to see if the angle on the story changes on other news websites.

Sylvia seemed to have the cold this week, so I assume she was off sick, hence why Deb was not reading the news.

[quote=ā€œJBar, post:1739, topic:101ā€]
Agree. Iā€™d make Lara Vella permanent.
[/quote] With Karl and Lisa at the helm, Iā€™d have Deb on the news. In fact, I am starting to get use to Sylvia and believe she will be an essential member in the post Karl/Lisa combo. But yes, Lara is a rising talent however, I believe she will be pushed aside, in terms of fill-ins, when Ailsin Kriukelis returns from ML.

Hear, hear. Karl was visibly upset and tired of the treatment of his friends and colleges, hence this was the topic of what seems to be his weekly editorial spot. I donā€™t think it was a publicity stint and in fact Todayā€™s ratings have been pretty good in the last month.

2 Likes

Iā€™m no fan of Stefanovic (to put it mildly), but he was spot-on with his remarks. The Fail is a disgusting excuse for a news site and always has been. The sleazy, sexist crap it calls ā€œnewsā€ only registers with the lowest common denominator. Calling him a hypocrite because of Nineā€™s coverage of the Corby person would only really apply if Nine was the only network to acknowledge her, which is hardly the case.

I highly doubt Iā€™ll ever agree with him again, but in this instance, good on him.

And another vote for someone other than Sylvia Jeffreys. Whoever it may be.

3 Likes

Fucking lol, daily mail trying to get themselves out of it.

News.com.au wrongly claimed Daily Mail Australia were suggesting Stefanovic was engaged in ā€˜inappropriate conductā€™ with the producer in an earlier version of the story they published.

1 Like

Or News.com.au distancing themselves from Daily Mail after recognising a massive backlash is coming their way. Would not be surprised if all media outlets got together and put some sort of sanctions on any association with the Daily Mail in future.

Sylvia is in New Zealand.

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty fucking ironic that NineMSN was initially a partner to Daily Mail AU.

Support trash like that at your own peril.

Today began at 5am this morning to cover the London Attack developments but still finished on time, at 9.

1 Like

Friday(09.06.17): Sylvia Jeffreys is co-hosting with Lisa this morning as Karl is off sick. Lara Vella is reading the news.

5 Likes