Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Sorry but I would have to disagree. There are benefits to doing it at a state-based level but the investment needed to put together 5 shows in separate cities every morning would surely not be repaid. I just can’t see it happening.

10 Likes

I’d rather keep the national breakfast shows than substitute lower quality local productions. It would end up much like the Nine News regional news situation in NSW with viewers preferring to see a professional better-resourced production.

4 Likes

I think they’ve all turned into a bit of a joke and prefer to spend my mornings asleep.

3 Likes

Wendy Kingston co-hosting with Charles Croucher this weekend.

2 Likes

Imagine what a QLD edition of Today would be like!

3 Likes

GOOD MORNING ITS MONDAY THE 28TH OF AUGUST 2017. I’AM ALISON ARIOTTI & I’am Darren Curtis… great to have your company this morning…

6 Likes

I can also imagine Paul Burt as weatherman for a QLD edition of Sunrise

1 Like

Covering all the big stories like house fires, car accidents, petrol prices and whose cows wandered off into the neighbour’s property. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Alison would certainly make a great alarm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Yes! That would be great, just need to add her to the today alarm clock app!

1 Like

I didn’t even realise they had an alarm app :laughing:

1 Like

I forgot that they still had the app.

IIRC it was released in 2013???

Please kill me now.

8 Likes

Lol… thats the picture i used for 2 thumbnails on my QLD videos. :joy:

10 Likes

Can anyone please explain to me the presenting situation on Weekend Today? Literally everytime I tune there is a different team. I still don’t like the male presenter doing sport. Why is it so hard to install a consistent team with a news, sport, weather and entertainment presenter? It really is a major issue. Today as a whole has really ruined what they had going last year…

5 Likes

Yeah? I know and I don’t like it. It’s inconsistent and it looks very messy. They really aren’t helping themselves with all these different faces. People don’t like change.

See i’m the opposite…I really don’t like a sports presenter. I feel its unnecessary. I would prefer sport comes under news and they have someone who comes in on big sporting days and does a segment a few days a week.

1 Like

Wait, this exists?

1 Like

agreed

It used to be like that. Back in the early days of Today (and Sunrise), you would have Eric Walters and the late Ian Ross presenting news and sports together. After Roscoe left, Sharyn Ghidella did the same until 2006 when Cameron Williams joined the team. Similarly, Beretts was also added after Kochie, Nat and Grant Denyer was added to Sunrise with Nat doing sports as well.

If Weekend Today needs a sports person, then I believe that Jayne Azzopardi should do it as well as news, otherwise you might as well have Tom and Deb reading out the entire 3 hours.