Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Any time anyone uses the term “on assignment” again everyone will be pissing themselves laughing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

From last week :grin:

News Corp purchased at least eight boring photos from a paparazzo of a relatively unknown person loading a car and a moving van. I think they should leave her alone.

4 Likes

But they got the photos of Karl’s “assignment” for free from Facebook. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Karl Stefanovic flees to Mexico for a five-star holiday with girlfriend Jasmine Yarbrough and her family
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/karl-stefanovic-flees-to-mexico-for-a-fivestar-holiday-with-girlfriend-jasmine-yarbrough-and-her-family/news-story/71c5d7a2a64b18cec8e23055681e86c1

This stuff must be very click baity since news.com seems to have two stories a day about Karl.

2 Likes

What Ita said was completely right. While I agree that Karl is a dick sometimes, the media shouldn’t go berserk just because he was going through a very difficult part of life.

6 Likes

If only he didn’t work for a network (or an industry) that does intrusive stories on celebrities every other day.

3 Likes

So Ita joined in discussing his life?

They ran a promo this morning about the Logies after party show and said James Blunt and the other guy would perform. I thought Sunrise had the exclusive?

Lisa is back this morning (:smiley:)

Saw the promo. I think it is inferred that they are performing but perhaps they may only be interviewing them, given their performance is supposedly exclusively on Sunrise.

1 Like

They may just be showing interviews but if it’s recorded performances, they were probably arranged that after Sunrise got them live on the show.

@nationalnews most likely pre-recorded interviews from Dickie.

1 Like

Having watched Today the last few days, I do think the quality and rapport is a lot stronger than Sunrise. But I do think the Sunrise set and general presentation is much stronger than Today. Although Karl’s situation may be losing some viewers, I do wonder if the difference in overall presentation and spaciousness of the sets is the cause of the ratings difference?

3 Likes

I definitely agree with you, the set, presentation and graphics are all off, especially the graphics. Disgusting. I really like that set that had an apartment feel to it a few years back. Breakfast sets today are too flashy fore mornings

5 Likes

You do wonder if ABC and Today had better sets, whether their ratings would increase quite significantly . . .

1 Like

I don’t know if viewers choose their breakfast show because of sets…

8 Likes

Well I would say sets/presentation and hosts would be the greatest impact on viewer choice . .
Seven News Sydney increased ratings overnight when they switched back to the live backdrop.

1 Like

Do viewers chose what to watch based solely on the set? No…but it does play an important role in setting the mood for the show, as much as the presenters, graphics etc.

6 Likes

I’m the opposite. To me, Karl is sometimes a bit of dick most of the times which is more than enough for me to switch off Nine for Sunrise or ABC News Breakfast. The rest of the team are great on the other hand. If we’re talking about content, then the most I would say is Today is slightly better than Sunrise, whereas WS is miles ahead of WT, which is filled with nothing but rubbish IMO.

But hey, that’s the great part about MS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

1 Like

The day that both Sunrise and Today are split up into local editions for each state will be a glorious one for Australian TV.

But until/unless that happens, I would highly recommend giving both of the biggest breakfast shows a miss.

1 Like