Today (2015-Sept 2020)

A search of the 60 mins thread finds one report from Karl this year, on 19 March.

There’s was one 2 weeks ago, another about terrorist recruiters in school and another an update on the transgender kid.

1 Like

Twice in four months? Who cares!!! I am actually surprised these ‘credible journalists’ didn’t figure that Lisa wore that top yesterday and then again today.

There’s the banality of noting who’s presenting weather on Ten News in Adelaide on a Thursday, and then there’s that Daily Mail article…

8 Likes

The SMH has caught Today reporting a four year old news story on Wednesday morning and splashing First On 9 News across the well watched video they took from YouTube.

lol I’ve seen that vid so many times over the years.

5 Likes

Friday (14.04.17): Lara Vella is making her co-hosting debut with Ben this morning. Tim Davies is making his debut on Today, reading the news this morning.

2 Likes

Lara seems to be doing well.

3 Likes

@nationalnews

Lara and Tim did really well this morning hopefully we will see Tim used as a fill in on weekends in the future.

3 Likes

It’s weird, they usually keep the original hosts on public holidays. I have a feeling Ben could be hosting for another week.

2 Likes

Ben is off his radio show next week, for time with the family. I presume he wouldn’t be on Today in that case.

Will he be “on assignment”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wendy Kingston is co-hosting again this weekend.

4 Likes

For some reason Weekend Today doesn’t have the new big screen and is using the older plasma screen in it’s old spot.

1 Like

I noticed this. That plasma screen is used for Sports Sunday so I suppose they won’t be using it on weekends…

1 Like

Base of the TV looking a bit battered - much like the show’s ratings :slight_smile: “Seen better days”.

2 Likes

So is nearly the entire set (the main plasma behind Karl and Lisa is awful because you can see the lines where each plasma met) which can only be caused by Today’s constant half-arsed approach to relaunches.

1 Like

Much prefer Wendy in this format, much like Tarsh Belling. Both okay newsreaders but much better presenters in a slightly lighter format.

1 Like

Hashtag uncomfortable chairs

1 Like

Also extremely poor use of the on-screen real estate. The space around the egg is about one third of the screen width. Can they not shift it over to the right a little more?

5 Likes