Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Blatantly lying to your audience does not reflect well on your credibility as a news outlet, Nine.

I particularly enjoyed ACA “giving it to us straight” last week by covering up Tracy’s absence.

3 Likes

People know that that Karl on the Today show and the Karl who does special reports for 60 Minutes are the same guy, right? So very realistically he may have flown off somewhere for some 60 Minister piece, there for is on assignment. He’s working, he’s just doing something other than his normal role.

1 Like

Yeah, sure. :joy:

Not according to Ben Fordham who would presumably know given they are friends.

Oh I missed that, was referring to he debate over the term ‘on assignment’.

1 Like

Perhaps Karl needs to do what legendary American newscaster Walter Cronkite did. Buy himself a luxury boat and call it “Assignment”. That way when Nine says he is “on assignment” they won’t be lying to their audience.

9 Likes

Wow this thread got interesting. It’s Easter the hosts always take breaks around then. They would be also gearing up for the Logies next weekend which is going to be a shit storm if he brings Jasmine to it.

I’ve been a viewer for a long time and I can definitely see the effect all this media hounding is doing to him. even if its subtle and he tries to hide it, probably why Ben said something.

It will also be interesting how they are planning behind the scenes when to play his show “This Time Next Year” with all the media vitriol its prob not going to help the show but it could show a different side to him and they cant hold onto it considering its been 2 years in the making.

1 Like

So then don’t say a presenter is “on assignment” when he’s “taking personal leave”.

There’s a difference and Today being so coy about this whole situation and lying to the audience is doing them no favours.

7 Likes

They always say that, it’s become an in joke but funnily enough he usually is on an assignment. When he had that long break over Xmas for personal leave he did three 60mins stories. As Ben said he’s a workaholic and that’s probably his downfall.

2 Likes

A Nine spokeswoman told News Corp ’ Karl is away for the week for work and holiday’…
Maybe he is working elsewhere for a day or two then on holiday the rest of the week.

1 Like

Surprised this hasnt’t been a topic of discussion in the last 24 hours here:

That’s thrifty! Today show’s Lisa Wilkinson sports same floral blouse, just four months apart, while hosting breakfast program

LISA WILKINSON WORE A TOP TWICE IN 4 MONTHS & THE DAILY MAIL IS LOSING IT

MAD DOG LISA WILKINSON WEARS THAT BLOUSE AGAIN TO SHOW UP THE DAILY MAIL

Below is the blouse causing the fuss:

Thoughts?

Personally, I can’t help but think of the viral fashion statement that Karl pulled a couple years ago. No surprise that it had not impact on the way women on TV are judged based on their looks and fashion sense.

Eager to hear your opinions…

1 Like

Are they supposed to wear an outfit once and throw it out. :rolling_eyes:

Although, I am disturbed by David Campbell wearing the same outfit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

That Lisa wore the same top twice in four months is not news and at all noteworthy. The Daily Mail is garbage.

5 Likes

It was quite widely reported and confirmed by Nine at the time that he did not work on any stories for 60 Minutes this last summer.

It’s only getting worse!!

Spare us the outrage, petals! Lisa Wilkinson isn’t the only one to wear THAT floral blouse - she doesn’t even own it and it’s been doing the rounds at Channel Nine for months. The stars can have a laugh, so why are the snowflakes so upset?

The Daily Mail needs to learn basic headline writing

1 Like

I think a nice black jacket could have solved the problem - I think Nine wardrobe dept have one in stock. I’m sure I’ve seen someone else wearing one.

6 Likes

couldnt give 2 hoots really

So then how come those stories have aired this year?

Which ones would those be?

2 Likes