Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Karl having “a well earned break”? Well earned? He just came off having nearly 3 months off.

5 Likes

I am aware he has hosted on occasions, that doesn’t mean I like it. Him hosting Today Extra is stretching it enough IMO.
Larry Emdur started as a newsreader.
Kochie was a Finance Journalist.
Andrews a lawyer. (Not a journalist, as shown with his left wing bias not being objective and reporting facts like a journalist should)
And Urban co hosted for one day, and I say the same thing as I say with Campbell - it’s a news program.

1 Like

Hopefully Karl will actually be spending some time with his kids this week rather than jetting off to LA to be with his new toy.

2 Likes

It’s also the Easter non-ratings period…and the school holidays in NSW, where Today just happens to be produced.

2 Likes

Monday (10.04.17) - Thursday (13.04.17): Ben Fordham is co-hosting with Lisa and Alicia Loxley is reading the news.

Today have modified their standing presentation area with a new plasma and the addition of a stage:

10 Likes

Lisa said at the start of the show that Karl is ‘on assignment’ this week.

3 Likes

Koch was a finance journalist for many years, which is what he was reasonably good at.

news.com.au speculating his absence this week is the beginning of the end for Karl Stefanovic.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/karl-stefanovic-on-a-rest-from-today-as-sunrise-pulls-ahead-in-the-ratings/news-story/4a9156a9b89f38b0d3f5c122311f182f

2 Likes

Peter Ford even mentioned it on 3AW this morning.

I dont understand, if you know it’s bullshit why do you keep clicking on the article to read it? I avoid news.com.au like a chicken stuck on a fish stick.

2 Likes

Every time Karl is away from the show we have another bullshit article appearing .:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

“Karl Stefanovic to replace Tracy Grimshaw on ACA” - Nova 96.9 announcer earlier this morning… no doubt that this is just more rubbish.

4 Likes

I’d imagine that this is how we got the standing presentation area modification today:

“Did you hear that ABC News Breakfast is getting a relaunch? Oh s***, we better do something to refresh Today!”

We’ve had rumours about Karl leaving Today for 60 Minutes, the Seven Network and now ACA.

I’m sure the next Karl Stefanovic rumour will be…wait for it…Karl Stefanovic to replace Peter Overton on Nine News Sydney! :stuck_out_tongue: :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, we know it’s bullshit then.

9 Likes

Now Seven News Sydney with Mark Ferguson will be No.1…Not!

Wouldn’t mind Karl presenting some sort of late news show. Weren’t Nine toying with the idea of a late night talk show with Karl at the helm before they settled on The Verdict?

I think it’s likely they’ll stable Karl alongside Bert and various other Nine personalities who they keep on contract but never use.

Karl was a great fill-in host of ACA as he suits it’s tabloid style, but he’s not so good on Today these days. Time for Karl to move on.

1 Like

A sign of more things to come? However that set is appalling with those " kids club " colours! (Mainly calling it that as how many bright colours their are blue, yellow, orange…) much prefer the wooden one back in 2013-16

1 Like

Without dragging out “the T word” again, personally I think that Karl Stefanovic needs to step aside from the media altogether and give someone else a go. The same can be said for both of the main breakfast presenters on the other major commercial channel.

Mind you, my preference is for both Seven and Nine to completely split up their breakfast shows into local editions for each market but unfortunately I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

2 Likes

It’s quite obvious that the media is just making up things with Karl replacing Tracy but as i have said before i cant take him seriously because he is always joking. Yes, it’s good to have a sense of humour but there is too much humour for this type of show when people want straight news but also want light stories. I feel like the network makes such a big deal about him compared to the other talent at the network that are much better than him. If he ever moved to Seven on a national platform then it should be a Sunday Night reporter, but Seven has too much talent at the moment so there is no need for him.

2 Likes