Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Look. I’ve truly had enough of all of yous criticizing both Sunrise and Today for doing what they are doing. If they were as bad as u guys think then why would they even bother to cover the cyclone last week? Granted, they probably should’ve covered the floods anyway, but I still think that you guys are taking it too far and making such a big fuss.

All of uz? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Presumably these decisions aren’t made a few days in advance. It’s more likely they’re organised weeks or months in advance, and can’t be easily undone. Perhaps the cyclone should have had better timing or something, but the bitching seems rather unnecessary.

2 Likes

Judging by her instagram, Alicia is in Melbourne. Just as easy to check social media than make (oddly specific) stabs in the dark. :wink:

This would suggest that any comments made were unwarranted, which I don’t think is right - everything said was in line - not complaining (well some was) but mostly it was constructive criticism.

3 Likes

Pointing out the failing of these two so-called news programs is not bitching.

As if. They can ignore what the audience thinks at their own peril.

1 Like

Which is what Today does well, which could be one of their main downfalls.

2 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:8, topic:2802, full:true”]
Viewers switched off Sunrise in Hawaii yesterday with Today 20,000 ahead. One of its lowest numbers this survey.
[/quote] .

Adam Boland speaks out about Cyclone Debbie’s rolling coverage on breakfast television.

3 Likes

Karl in Rockhampton this morning.Tim co-hosting with Lisa from Inverloch in Victoria.

1 Like

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/today-show-cash-giveaway-fails-spectacularly-as-16-live-calls-go-unanswered/news-story/e519b5a46cf2a3d277429210baa3faf3

It was clear the presenters quickly started to regret announcing they’d call until someone picked up and won the prize, after the phone went unanswered an unbelievable 16 times.

As it became apparent the situation was spiralling into a live TV disaster, Wilkinson finally stepped in and threw to an ad break.

1 Like

I always believe that the amount of money, or in this case phone calls, given away is a good indication of how many people are watching. Yesterday, the show reached $140,000.

It was certainly awkward to watch. Alicia in the studio had some funny reactions. Lisa said that the ‘ring until someone answers for $30,000’ will continue on Monday.

Saturday (08.04.17) - Sunday (09.03.17): Wendy Kingston is co-hosting with Tom this weekend.

4 Likes

Mixed year for Today.

Mixed? Hasn’t it been losing all year?

3 Likes

KarI is on leave this week & Ben Fordham will be filling in.

4 Likes

You said it Ben. Can we just have David Campbell for once?

5 Likes

It’s a news show.

Yeah, but hasn’t David Campbell filled in on Today in the past?

In any case, I’d vastly prefer it if Nine got Tom Steinfort to fill in for Karl on the weekday editions of Today before Fordo or David!

Yes, David filled in frequently for Karl during 2015 and the summer of 2015 and 2016 and IIRC ratings did not suffer what so ever. @TFTV Given that Campbell co-hosts Extra which is apart of the Today brand, I am actually surprised they don’t use him. Remember, Larry, Kochie, Keith Urban and AOK have all co-hosted Sunrise and they aren’t journalists.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1456, topic:101”]
In any case, I’d vastly prefer it if Nine got Tom Steinfort to fill in for Karl on the weekday editions of Today before Fordo or David!
[/quote] Sorry, but I just have warmed to Tom on Weekend Today.

2 Likes