Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Actually, I’m disagreeing with everything you’ve said in the quotes there.

A break from Karl is needed at the moment, in my view.

Tim Gilbert co-hosting this week

2 Likes

Who gives a shit?

8 Likes

Nice click-bait (or should we start calling them like-bait ;P) post, but I had already said the same thing.

It’s akin to say, sitting next to a smelly smoker-breath individual on PT. Shits given about who this person is? None. Do you subconsciously mark the person down in your mind? Absolutely.

Maybe you do. This isn’t high school and we’re not playing ‘half your age plus seven’.

What would be your reaction if Karl was going out with someone 14-15 year ago his senior?

OK. People don’t. People really don’t take note of a middle aged man leaving their wife and ending up with a hot much-younger blonde, two seconds later. Nope. Never remarked about. Of course, this is why clickbait media sources have also totally ignored the story. No clicks in this news! :rolling_eyes:

As for your question, no idea what you even mean.

Just because you don’t want something to be true, and you don’t like that something is true, and you think thoughts should be modified so it isn’t true, doesn’t mean it’s not true.

in their defense it doesn’t affect his hosting abilities but the executives would be worried about the overall look and feeling of the show and for a breakfast show it’s very family vibe and the demographic relates to a family man and dad.

1 Like

Exactly.

Well, this is a timely article:

Daily Mail you might say? Well, I think the sort of people that read it, and tune into Today each morning, might be said to overlap somewhat…

Maybe you need to be better in touch with consumers of Australian media products? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They seem more like probable Sunrise viewers to me? :smirk:

2 Likes

Oh you know me too well. I totally agree. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I detest Karl Stefanovic - the reasons for his (alleged) popularity elude me completely and Today is far more appealing to me when he isn’t there - but the ongoing focus on his offscreen life is about as tacky and grubby as it gets. Must be marvellous for his wife and particularly their kids to see all this. Pseudo-news and outright gossip outlets like the Daily Fail, the Murdoch rags and the so-called “women’s mags” might consider it news but it should be ignored by everyone else. It won’t be, of course, because “image” is important to TV execs and too many people seem to believe other people’s private lives are their business. IMHO it still doesn’t make it news.

1 Like

Karl returns tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Have the papers been alerted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

[quote] Karl squirms over dig at his love life

KARL Stefanovic squirmed this morning as Today guest Tom Gleeson made a close-to-the-bone joke about his much-publicised love life. Stefanovic himself had taken part in Hard Chat back in 2015, submitting himself for a five-minute grilling.

“I always find it fascinating to watch you when you really go for that jugular with someone, and they don’t know,” Stefanovic told his guest.

“They don’t see it coming. I could do that for you right now, Karl, now that you’re back in the papers,” Gleeson shot back.

A moment of stunned silence was broken by some pained giggles Stefanovic’s co-hosts Lisa Wilkinson and newsreader Sylvia Jeffreys. “I just feel like we’d have a lot to chat about,” Gleeson continued, playing dumb.

Lost for words, all Stefanovic could do was make a ‘truck reversing’ sound effect. “You opened the goal and I just kicked it right through, that’s what happened there,” said Gleeson. “It’s like ten — nil,” agreed Stefanovic. [/quote]

It ended with Karl saying to Tom: “Thank you, Tom. I can’t stand you.” :laughing:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/karl-squirms-over-dig-at-his-love-life-i-cant-stand-you/news-story/7887c6b3cd337975e85656833789b42b

I suggest we need a #KarlGate thread after this…

Didn’t help the ratings yesterday with Today rating pretty much the same as the rest of the week. The “controversy” hasn’t drawn extra viewers to the show.

1 Like

Just proves people don’t care either way.

1 Like

What people care, and what people think and how that affects their long-term perceptions of a product, are two entirely different things.

As usual, a curt little nothing statement that isn’t factually accurate but just thrown out there to troll. No one was suggesting massive movements in ratings this week. What a silly thing to imply.