Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Today Extra has actually been rating really well this year, the same cannot be same for Today.

As much as Nine Sydney has some fantastic female talent (Deborah Knight, Jayne Azzopardi and Sophie Walsh instantly come to mind), I definitely think theyā€™d go for a male presenter if Karl was to leave.

Yep. Iā€™m pretty sure that one of the main reasons that people dislike Peter Stefanovic (who IMO is a fairly average, middle of the road presenter) is purely for the fact that heā€™s Karlā€™s brother!

But knowing Nine, Iā€™m sure Peter Stefanovic will get a flagship presenting role in the future.

I personally wouldā€™ve classed Sevenā€™s ā€œThe Daily Editionā€ as the worst program on TV, but I think that Today Extra is pretty bad nonetheless!

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œSydneyCityTV, post:1290, topic:101ā€]
Yep. Iā€™m pretty sure that one of the main reasons that people dislike Peter Stefanovic (who IMO is a fairly average, middle of the road presenter) is purely for the fact that heā€™s Karlā€™s brother! But knowing Nine, Iā€™m sure Peter Stefanovic will get a flagship presenting role in the future. [/quote]
I guess people think there was some nepotism involved with Pete getting a presenterā€™s role and if thereā€™s some bad publicity, then they might both get tarred with the same brush.

2 Likes

Ben Fordham is still on the books.

I completely disagree that sunrise has a readymade kochie replacement. Beretta will NEVER replace kochie.

4 Likes

He has always been perfect hosting ACA. When Grimshaw retires Nine should slip him into the chair. As Todayā€™s main man, he hasnā€™t been that great over recent years.

1 Like

They all need a reality check! Overpaid and over inflated egos. I always find it funny when they get so excited about giving away thousands of dollars in cash like its a big deal when in reality its probably their weekly pay cheque.

Itā€™s also a lot of women in the media writing articles on Karl, perhaps they are jealous, have a crush on him or feel for the wife but the bitterness is real there. They seem to know a lot about this new girlfriend Jasmine and allude she is a social climber who hangs around men with money, but she cant get pregnant to him cause I vaguely remember heā€™s had a vasectomy right?

Itā€™s reversible. Is 6.5 years long enough past ā€œanytime soonā€?

[quote]I have had the snip now, so weā€™re definitely not having any more kids unless at some point we want to have it reversed - although I really canā€™t see that happening any time soon.

Getting off track here and sounding as bad as the gossip columnists. That really has nothing to do with his abilities to host the show.

6 Likes

It doesnt but the media will bring him down, that tall poppy syndrome thing we have here. It would not surprise me if he left Today at the end of this year and relocated to the US again.

WTF now we are talking about vasectomyā€™s :rolling_eyes:.
Anyway no surprise that Karl having a girlfriend is making news, we all knew from the moment the separation was announced his every move would be followed by the tabloids. Personally l couldnā€™t care less about someoneā€™s personal life,but of course him having a high profile career the tabloids think we need to know every move he makes.

@nationalnews Bad choice having Tim filling in for him this week,they should have got David Campbell. Interestingly David didnā€™t fill in for Karl over this summer .You have a better memory than me when did David last fill in for Karl?

4 Likes

That background etc is just so tabloid looking.

Monday (27.02.17)-Wednesday (01.03.17): Tim Gilbert is co-hosting with Lisa, in addition to presenting sport.

I think late December 2015 . I agree, David and Sylvia should be Karlā€™s only fill-ins. They could be at least consistent!

1 Like

Er yeah, but the other in that ā€œtwoā€ isnā€™t the host of this programmeā€¦

Bizarre reading on this.

That point was being made in response to a comment that he left his wife and family for a younger woman. That does not seem to be the case though. He left his wife and then met the younger woman unless someone can prove otherwise.

Doesnā€™t matter. Itā€™s not a nice look anyway.

Thatā€™s not to say that it deeply concerns anyone, though. Itā€™s just Daily Mail on a creepy crusade each day. Iā€™m sick of hearing about it honestly.

I think thereā€™s a vast difference between having an affair and leaving your wife and family to leaving your wife due to irreconcilable differences and then meeting someone else.

Where it shouldnā€™t matter is in hos job. If does his job well and it isnā€™t affected by his personal life then who cares. It might make some on set banter awkward but maybe if they do less of that it might be a good thing.

Richard Wilkins has a string of ex-wives and girlfriends with a number of children with them. Has anybody questioned his ability to do his job based on his failed relationships?

3 Likes

exactly right. The media is hyperventilating because its Karl.

Its no ones damn business but Cassandra and Karls

2 Likes

Mate, itā€™s nothing to do with when he met someone else or anything.

Itā€™s the look of, as a middle aged man, leaving your wife of many years, for a much younger girl. Itā€™s grubby. Doesnā€™t matter when he separated with Cassandra. Thereā€™s a whole spate of middle aged celebs that have done this recently, and the PR is as awful as it gets.

No one is saying he canā€™t literally do the presenting duties as he was beforeā€¦

Richard Wilkins is the #1 most hated person of all anti-Channel 9 people (youā€™re one) out there. Some people have a pathological obsessive hatred of him. Bad example!

You seem to want to disagree with everything even when weā€™re saying the same thing. So do you think Nine sidelining Karl, is them handling all this really well?