Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Unfortunately it’s true. His image is forever tainted. He was popular as he was a nice, goofy, family man. Now he’s only known as leaving his wife and family for a younger woman. Fame got to his head and now Nine don’t have a choice but to remove him or watch the show revert back to being behind in the ratings.

takes two to tango mate and who knows what goes on in the privacy of one’s bedroom

1 Like

I didn’t say otherwise. I said he’s KNOWN for. Which is true.

Honestly, who gives a shit about this stuff? Do people really have nothing better to think about?

7 Likes

I’m sure the gossip columnists will find out soon and report it. Or they’ll just make shit up like Woman’s Day has a great reputation of doing these days. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I personally couldn’t care less about what TV presenters do in their private lives, but I do think that Nine should consider letting go of Karl Stefanovic (who is IMO, the Samantha Armytage of the Nine Network - both are as toxic as each other!) in favour of someone else at the end of the year or whenever his contract expires.

Mel Doyle had about 11 years on Sunrise, Karl has had 12 on Today. Perhaps it’s time for Nine to give someone new a go…

Grocery buying mums aged 25-50?

He’s second rate. And if you were going to replace Karl, the second worst thing you could do is replace him with his brother so that you will still have the connection and continue the gossip with another family member and his girlfriend who is also on the show.

2 Likes

Never really liked the Stefanovics. Maybe Today should go with Female-Double headers.

Which is really odd that you suggested Pete replacing Karl then.

True. But then again if it wasn’t Pete then Nine really doesn’t have anyone on its books to replace Karl. Sunrise on the other hand has a pretty big advantage. Nat and Eddy could replace Sam within a matter of time.

1 Like

Tom Steinfort is quite good but he’s inexperienced. They’re doing a good job grooming him on Weekend Today and I think eventually he could be really good for Today on weekdays.

I would personally like to see David Campbell move on from Today Extra to host along with Lisa. He’s probably the only reason why Today Extra still exists.

1 Like

But then Today Extra crashes and burns.

So it should. Worst program on TV IMO. If David Campbell moves then I would like to see Ben Fordham take over so that the program could go down the dumps ASAP.

3 Likes

It’s not doing that well now. I’d extend Today til 10am and run an entertainment focused show for an hour with Richard Wilkins.

1 Like

Name it ‘Showbiz Today’. I think moving Dickie from Today kinda restores credibility to the brand. Don’t like Dickie at all.

1 Like

Exactly, use packaged reports from Extra (maybe Access Hollywood if they can), and US news outlets as well as some original voiced reports and some panel discussions. Would probably do just as well and can run advetorials.

Georgie and Lisa :heart_eyes:

I think that David Campbell is Nine’s best (almost only) option to replace Karl. However, I don’t think Karl should be replaced just because of absolute rubbish ‘news’. If anything, Nine should avoid the headlines, one way by making him focus solely on Today.

1 Like

Deb and Lisa could be another great combo. Love Georgie, but I think she wouldn’t want to return to the show she left.

3 Likes