Today (2015-Sept 2020)

No one suggested that.
But these are not hard news shows. They are morning shows. -and to think they are not going to cross promote and have segments on the #1 most watched show in the nation is unrealistic.

If you were the EP of this show living and dying by minute by minute ratings - you too would
Be booking MKR guests

I’d have thought that one or two segments on reality TV would be enough. I wasn’t watching Today, but monitoring the station for distant TV reception and it seemed that each time the signal lifted above the noise level there was yet another segment on the same show - at least 3 in less than one hour is excessive. If you weren’t a fan of the sahow, at some point yopu’re going to switch to Seven.

3 Likes

Were they all segments or just quick teases of the actual upcoming segment?

1 Like

If I were Today and I was rating as poorly as they are now, I would be doing anything to improve numbers. It is known that the perception is those who watch Nine in prime time will hopefully turn off, leaving the channel on 9 and switch back on Today in the morning.

It looks like the last cap is the segment with the others just ‘what’s coming up’.

Funny how Today was gaining grounds on Sunrise this time last year while Sunrise is dominating again the same time this year. I feel Sunrise is going to win this year.

4 Likes

Isn’t it the same on Sunrise, just with MKR?

I agree though. I like Today, usually, but hate all the Block/Married/Voice/House Husbands cross promotion.

2 Likes

Yep, just dumb it right down so you can improve ratings and stuff your dignity and self respect. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Vanessa O’Hanlon to appear on Weekend Today next weekend.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Vanessa O’Hanlon reading news this weekend, Jayne Azzopardi is on holiday.

Stevie Jacobs is back presenting weather this weekend.

4 Likes

It is great to see Vanessa is committed to improving her news reading skills (which do still need a lot of work) working seven days/double shifts etc. As should have been expected, though, she is doing well with bantering.

5 Likes

3 Likes

How about if we swap Jayne and Vanessa’s role around?

1 Like

I only saw a bit of the show but it looked like Bracey was hosting with Deb?

@lepatron l didn’t watch this morning either but looking at twitter Tom was there,they do mix it up nowadays with the newsreader and sports presenter more involved and presenting some segments.

5 Likes

News with Vanessa O’Hanlon:

5 Likes

Sylvia Jeffreys on location in Merriwa reporting on NSW Fires for this mornings special coverage.

4 Likes

Why is she “boycotting” them? Maybe she doesn’t want to do them due to family commitments but maybe not.

But maybe the network has just decided it’s better to have the main hosts together and have the news person on location for breaking news. I think it makes more sense to me.

3 Likes

@Tom_TV7 You’re making an massive assumption that Lisa is boycotting going on location for special coverage.:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

It’s so disjointed when one of the hosts is on location and the other is in the studio. I think they’ve realised it now.

1 Like