Today (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:950, topic:148”]
I actually liked Leila McKinnon on Weekend Today, why did she leave the show?
[/quote] As @Salty mentioned, Leila went on maternity leave in April 2014 but unlike her 2012 maternity leave, she never returned. IMO, Leila was tolerable and I think Deb was/is a much better host and the ratings reflect that.

4 Likes

Tom Steinfort has been officially announced as the new addition to Weekend Today, despite Peter Stefanovic only joining 60 Minutes as a maternity relief. Also note, that Jayne remains apart of the team and Natalia Cooper’s been replaced (I suspect that they will eventually announce that Cooper will take of Today weather).

And:

1 Like

Now they just need to get a sports presenter to join their weekend team and Weekend Today will finally have a full team.

1 Like

Next Friday December 16, Today will be broadcasting live from the ‘Ovation of the Seas’ Cruise Ship docked in Sydney.

1 Like

Tom Steinfort’s first weekend as co-host with Jayne Azzopardi and Lara Vella reading news again this weekend.

2 Likes

Nine has confirmed Natalia will be Today’s weather presenter on a permanent basis. She will broadcast from her hometown of Perth on Monday.

6 Likes

That’s excellent news! :slight_smile:

With her being a regular part of Nine news/current affairs programs on a Sydney and national basis in recent years, sometimes it’s easy to forget that Natalia Cooper used to present the weather for Nine and later Seven in Perth.

It’ll be rather interesting to see if Cooper’s appointment to Today has any impact on the Perth ratings in a market that mostly loves Sunrise (and Channel Seven generally). Since it’s quite possibly the first time that a Perth-originated presenter has been given a regular role on Nine’s national weekday breakfast show, I definitely think Nine should be getting some local promos running for “Perth’s Natalia Cooper” joining the Today team!

1 Like

Not for me, she and Carrie and always fanned over and I can’t go by a week without hearing that either one of those (or both) are from my uni and awesome.

Anyways it’s a bit sad to think she may never be back for STWs 6PM news for a while. Especially because (a) she herself is a fantastic presenter and; (b) Sherri-Lee is a god awful presenter.

1 Like

not just STW news, I miss her on TVW news as well, as I used to love watching Natalia presenting alongside Rick and Sue (although Angela Tsun and Sam Jolly are both good weather presenters).

1 Like

I think Nine has chosen the perfect replacement for Stevie as l have said before Natalia has all the qualities that are needed for the job as a breakfast TV weather presenter.

5 Likes

And she has the experience of being a roving reporter. From the clips I’ve seen of her days at STW she frequently did Weather OBs

3 Likes

Natalia is the perfect weather girl. She presented the weather on both Nine and Seven News Perth a few years back before moving to the East

1 Like

Ange and Sam are good but not in the same boat as Natalia.

Monday (12.12.16) - Thursday (15.12.16): Peter Stefanovic is co-hosting with Lisa again this week, in addition to presenting sport. Deborah Knight is reading the news.

1 Like

Funny i was going to say the opposite. I always foudn Samantha Jolly better to be presenting then I found Natalia when she was here in Perth.

2 Likes

quote=" Ratings: Seven wins Monday again; ABC’s Back Roads scores top entertainment program, topic:101"]
In the morning Sunrise had a big win with 320,000 tuning in compared to Today on Nine with 262,000 and ABC News Breakfast with 104,000 and 49,000.
[/quote] Gee Today is in a worse position than it was 14 months ago.

Karl must be the big drawcard and without him…

Maybe their run of luck ran out when Sunrise reverted back to its original format?

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re probably right. Sunrise was scoring home goals earlier in the year and now they’re finding form again.

1 Like

You mean Today? :stuck_out_tongue: