Today (2015-Sept 2020)

All done in a nice homely setting. I would have preferred a studio preferably live interview. After the interview the team had a very brief discussion unfortunately cut short.

Nine are describing it as fiery and a grilling - more like a light sauté :wink:

2 Likes

A lot of explaining this morning

And a new set!

What a complete mess this program has become the past few years!

6 Likes

Deb probably would’ve preferred a studio interview as well,she had to fly to Brisbane for the interview and got the last flight out of Brisbane last night to be back for this mornings show.
Deb always gives 110% effort for any job she is doing at Nine.

9 Likes

It’s a sad state of affairs if your exclusive is 1) Pauline Hanson and 2) the only network she can go to as she’s burnt her bridges with Sunrise and Studio 10 and ABC ran the story on her.

Are you saying that Pauline Hanson will never reappear on Sunrise?

Not while Kochie is hosting I assume? or in studio.

Yes Please. No one wants more of her views.

2 Likes

Georgie left at 8.30 yesterday so she might be travelling interstate or conducting multiple interviews. Could be on the aftermath of the NZ attacks or for their up coming NT wedding.

What are you even referring to?

1 Like

Yep, Kochie said so yesterday on Jon Faine’s Conversation Hour on ABC Radio Melbourne.

1 Like

Entirely plausible. Reports of bad blood from Georgie towards Deb are circling through the industry.

1 Like

Yeah, basically from before they even started hosting together. It’s bulldust.

4 Likes

Maybe Georgie is interviewing Karl?

Here is the full interview:

https://www.9now.com.au/today/2019/extras/clips/clip-cjtt3vn3i000v0ho81d32lmcf?ocid=social-today

I thought Deb was tough but fair. Good interview and great for them to get a breakfast exclusive.

Remember Georgie had a say in who would replace Karl.

3 Likes

Yes she had a say, but they had no good male talent that could potentially lead them to success unless they poached. So Deb was the best bet.

They said that they picked the person for the job not that they had no male candidates. Not cool to bag the appointment of Deb and downplay her skills.

4 Likes

No, I never said she was not fit for the job or downplayed her skills.

My point was if they were specifically searching for a male to replace Karl they had no good male talent unless they wanted to poach. Deb was the only person that could resonate with viewers and lead them to ratings victory (which at the moment is far from happening)

One would imagine that Nine picked Georgie Gardner and more recently, Deborah Knight to be co-presenters of Today based on their proven performance on one of the networks biggest success stories in news & current affairs of recent years: The Sydney 6pm bulletin. Last I checked, both were (and in the case of Deb, still is at the moment) arguably more successful than Peter Overton depending on how you look at things.

The problem is that the type of presenter a national audience wants to wake up to is very different to the type that Sydneysiders want to welcome in their homes at 6pm…

She’ll be back on Sunrise in no time.

You misunderstand.

This is not media reporting. This is open discussion, inside and outside Nine.

1 Like