Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I expect more of you, man. So Brian Henderson would have been a good fit for Today, then? Please!

Nah. You’re wrong. Again.

Ratings held up just fine during those months in late-2017 while Deb was hosting with Karl, even with all the negative chatter that surrounded Lisa’s departure.

The downward spiral only started after Georgie joined the show.

1 Like

No I’m not. Again.

David and Jayne doing a fantastic job. The show is very watchable this morning.

My only criticism is we haven’t had any other news, sport or weather.

1 Like

There was in the first 90 minutes, I saw.

7:30am is still quite early. Many people tuning in after would have switched to Weekend Sunrise or Weekend Breakfast to get their usual news fix.

I didn’t want watch much this morning, so I can’t argue with you. All I am going to say, from what you’ve said, is that WT would’ve dropped their “normal programming” to focus on Christchurch because of:

a) breaking news or new information
b) in response to how much coverage WS was doing

With the special coverage on the Christchurch Mosque Shooting, Today used a more sombre theme for the headlines/opener today.

I also liked their use of the soft set today. They removed the couch and four reporters were plastered across the four vertical plasmas for a live cross. Would anyone have a cap?

1 Like

There are an awful lot of contributing factors to the ratings freefall. Ridiculous to solely attribute it to Deb.

8 Likes

2 Likes

I didn’t solely attribute it to Deb. But it is far from ridiculous to state that she is one of the main reasons for the ratings.

I would say it was the negative press ever since Karl got divorced, not to mention the stories about him and Georgie hating each other and the outright lies in the womans mags.

As l thought David handled this type of coverage very well as he does have experience on Today Extra doing special coverage.

2 Likes

In your opinion.
In my opinion, she is one of the greatest assets Today has. The two female hosts aren’t the problem.

8 Likes

In your opinion. As you said, in your opinion.

It strikes again :joy:

3 Likes

I’m getting ads right here on Media Spy that Deb and Georgie have “separated”? Honestly… lol.

I think the problem with Today is that Nine are flogging a dead horse. Today doesn’t offer the viewer anything different from Sunrise or ABC breakfast, which both shows do their jobs quite well respectively.
Will a straight, no nonsense 9 News bulletin rate higher then the current product? Who knows?

2 Likes

Also they hyped up this all new Today but it’s just the same old Today with just a few new faces and old faces gone. Nothing different and nothing new to draw people back to the show.

5 Likes

ABC already provides straight news. Today needs to be in the middle of Sunrise and ABC.

1 Like