Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Against OzTAM agreement to post anything outside the top 20.

1 Like

MediaWeek generally has the breakfast show ratings each morning.

2 Likes

I believe it’s not so much that News Breakfast has an increasing number of viewers. I think the audience number for that show has been static for a long time. But that Today, and even Sunrise are down on their heydays. Are people just not watching breakfast TV as much now?

Maybe TV Cynic or others could provide some context!

Melbourne reporter/producer Lauren Tomasi is returning to Sydney after 18 months working in Melbourne.

1 Like

Comparing this year’s average audiences (7am-9am) to 2018:

Sunrise is rating 7% higher, News Breakfast is steady. Today is down 34%.

7 Likes

Weekend Today starting at 6am tomorrow morning.

1 Like

I believe the show should refrain from making any presenting changes until they can get people from over networks.

I suggest Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies.

That would be a monumental snatch from Seven. Make it happen Nine!

Are you drunk?

8 Likes

Both are quite firmly “Seven for life” presenters, I think.

1 Like

How could you forget Larry’s The Price is Right years at Nine and his stint at Ten in the early 1990s?

I never thought I’d ever see Chris Bath at Ten but it happened. Today certainly needs a team with established chemistry to give them a boost. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nine wave the chequebook around for the likes of Larry and Kylie or even Sarah Harris and Joe Hildebrand when they wake up to the fact dull and duller aren’t suitable replacements for the great team they had in Karl and Lisa.

2 Likes

A must see episode!

1 Like

Is this a Married At First Sight spin-off?

1 Like

…or his stint on Celebrity Dog School between Wheel of Fortune and The Morning Show? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess stranger things have happened, but we’re coming up to 12 years of Kylie Gillies & Larry Emdur on The Morning Show. If Nine really wanted Kylie & Larry on their network, wouldn’t they have poached them well before now? Late 2011 when they were looking for new Mornings co-presenters (which of course were Sonia & David) to replace KAK comes to mind.

I said way back - as soon as Dab started - that it would sink to ABC levels.

Hopefully, the couple has a personality. The idea should be that they become a part of the “family” and become regulars for different segments.

I don’t mind the end graphic either. So, does Today do an OB from the NT?

Deb is probably the best suited for breakfast. Have you actually watched her or are you comparing her to Karl?

2 Likes

Deb is better than Georgie, should have given her the gig permanently when Lisa left.

2 Likes

You guys can stick with your wrong beliefs. I’ll stick to mine - which suggested that ratings would sink when Deb started. Which is - you know, in the actual real world - what happened.

There are plenty more factors which contribute to the ratings decline than just ‘Deb’.

1 Like

It’s mainly about Deb.

If Deb was really that bad of a presenter, I highly doubt the 6pm news bulletins she presents would consistently outrate Seven in the Sydney market.

The main problem with Today was and still is their mix of content.

1 Like