Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Just to clarify regarding Shane Crawford:

2 Likes

That’s the problem when networks/programs invoke the ‘nuclear option’ (like Nine has done with Today) - if viewers don’t respond well to the changes, it can make the situation or problem/s they tried to fix even worse

It clear that they’ll give this new team time to bed in. The $64,000 question is if things don’t improve (or even get worse) in say six months time - how long will/can they hold their nerve before making changes?

2 Likes

5 Likes

Richard Reid is Waking Up With Today… Again?

Didn’t they announce he was signed to Studio 10 last week?

Fake news!

3 Likes

I didn’t hear any announcement… Where did you read this?

That story is only being reported by KIIS FM and it’s state equivalents. I don’t see him returning to TODAY and if he comes back then that’s basically showing that 9 has no faith in this new team.

1 Like

Settle down we know what he meant.

1 Like

Sorry sir :blush:

Good boy! :grinning:

1 Like

They have Richard Wilkins, Brooke Boney and, to an extent, Sam Rubin. Does Today really need another entertainment reporter?

Won’t happen. Even though I like Reid, you have to remember that viewers preferred Sunrise’s Showbiz Editor Nelson Aspen because he didn’t shout at you in the morning.

6 Likes

Tuesday (26.02.2019): Richard Wilkins is live in Hollywood for Entertainment today, for a wrap up of the Oscars. Brooke is in transit.

And this:

Sadly, Georgie did so much better than Tom.

3 Likes

Today improved from last Monday’s low rating but Sunrise still had a big win, ahead by more than 85,000.

2 Likes

Wednesday -

Tony Jones presenting sport from Melbourne.
Brooke is back in the studio with the team presenting Entertainment this morning.

2 Likes

Not sure how this is an exclusive- you can see the 7 News mic in the right-hand corner:

I understand that the 9 reporter likely spotted Howard and started the interview. Maybe first but exclusive isn’t the right word, IMO.

First on 9? :joy:

Friday- Tony Jones is in the Sydney studio with the team

2 Likes

Ben Fordham joined today, for What’s Making News (they have been using two regulars for the segment of late):

Also, in the past few weeks, they have been projecting the weather maps on to the megawall. Makes sense given it is a permanent move.

Updated billboard:

‘What You Need to Know’ full-screen graphic:

Aaannnd, a happy family lunch:

6 Likes

Tony took Stevie’s seat so he sat in Tony’s lap at the start of the show :joy:

6 Likes