Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Did you write that article for Newscorp? :stuck_out_tongue:

i agree after watching for two weeks i could no longer stand georgie , she seems as though she lost her hummor being forced to be hurmorious so now iam back to watching sunrise

2 Likes

false, reckless and defamatory? Isn’t this the same headline they could have used for Karl? No one at nine stuck up for him cause the horse was bolted from men hating journalists who used him as an example.

1 Like

Very glad Nine have slammed this article …look everyone knew these type of articles were going to happen this year and obviously with the low ratings its turning into a feeding frenzy in the media.

3 Likes

Both organisations thrive on tabloid stories… both are equally guilty of going after targets that will driver viewership/readership.

Nine in particular is more than happy to play the game when the publicity is going their way… it’s not right now and it’s hard to feel sorry for anyone who shamelessly courts the tabloids when it suits them.

And just as an aside, the Georgie “ice maiden” thing isn’t that far from the truth according to Today insiders.

4 Likes

One has to wonder if these same “insiders” claimed GG was an “ice maiden” back in the day when she was the show’s newsreader. Or are they new “insiders” who just don’t like her.

The whole thing reeks of bitchiness, childishness and pettiness. One also wonders if these “insiders” would have the backbone to say such stuff publicly rather than behind the scenes, where they can say pretty much whatever they like.

As for NewsCorpse publications, why anyone believes anything they come up with beggars belief.

It is only because the show is struggling. Still inexcusable behaviour.

Love this comment on TV Tonight:

2 Likes

While I like Georgie, 7 must’ve been on to something in the early 2000s when they let her and Mark Beretta go from hosting Sunrise. They rarely give Beretts the hosting gig these days. Maybe they did some research way back then.

I’m just passing on what I hear…
You don’t like it? That’s fine.

I thinks another issue is that Georgie has great humour and needs to bounce off of someone, but there’s no longer anyone to bounce off of! In the past, Lisa, Karl, Ben, have all been able to have banter with Georgie but that just seems to be missing now (even though she’s trying with Tony), which was a great part of the Today show.

You mean bounce off? The “of” is redundant.

Friday-
Richard and Brooke in Hollywood this morning ahead of the Oscars.

2 Likes

Sounds like someone is breaking up with a boyfriend or girlfriend :smile:

1 Like

I wonder to myself what the team would’ve looked like if Lisa was still there.
Georgie and Lisa?
Ben and Lisa?
Would Tim and Silvia still be there?
Thoughts?

It would still be Karl & Lisa

3 Likes

Tend to agree with you there!

Today rated over 200k for the first time this week but was over 90,000 behind Sunrise.

8 Likes

So News Corp double downs and attacks further.

1 Like

“many years” lol.

Ten’s Breakfast supposedly had 10 years to become successful and we know how that turned out.

3 Likes