Today (2015-Sept 2020)

What a awesome send off

2 Likes

Today was 90,000 behind Sunrise yesterday. Strong chance it will average below 200,000 for the week.

2 Likes

Indeed it was very funny Stevie’s mobile phone rang as Georgie was attempting to read the Entertainment news and it turned into some great banter between everyone…:joy: Great work from Sonia especially.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/sonia-kruger-vilified-muslims-in-today-show-segment/ar-BBTC72m?ocid=spartanntp

“She expressed the view that the size of Australia’s Muslim population meant there should be no further Muslim migration irrespective of any other matter. This appears to be unsupported by any evidence or material placed before the Tribunal,” the tribunal said.

Saturday-
Corey Norris presenting sport from Melbourne this morning.

1 Like

It was a pretty awful comment.

2 Likes

Tom Steinfort is on holidays in Hawaii. I wonder who will fill in next week?

3 Likes

Is that strange when the year has just begun?

2 Likes

You’d think they’d have made the new team stick together for quite a while so viewers could get used to them.

4 Likes

Probably Sylvia or Karl or Tim Davies

Realistically it won’t happen, but I reckon Nine should trial the idea of a reader-less Today while Tom is away. As we’ve seen of both presenters on Sydney’s 6pm news in the past, both GG & Deb are more than capable of appropriately presenting serious news along with the lighter stuff.

2 Likes

Tim Davies would be the obvious option given it’s likely to be a male and Mark Burrows doesn’t really suit the Today show format.

Dougal Beattie could be another option.

4 Likes

Jonathan Uptin or Brenton Ragless are other possibilities. Even though I would love for Tim Davies or Dougal Beatty to fill -in, it wouldn’t surprise me if Tony Jones does it- remember the fill-in has to do news and sport- if they can get him in Sydney for a week.

Sylvia will never appear on the weekday show again. There is a reason she was bumped.

Maybe we could see a return of Tim McMillan?

See they shot themselves in the foot having a male newsreader, not many to go around. Otherwise I would think Lara Vella.

2 Likes

Does it seriously have to be a male newsreader filling in for Tom? Can’t it be the best person for the role, no matter the gender?

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter who fills in.

No one is watching anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Lara’s currently in Italy according to Instagram.

1 Like

Julie Snook?

1 Like

If it really doesn’t matter then how about Mark Burrows…:rofl:

2 Likes