Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Today Perth News has the transparent watermark now:

2 Likes

It looks so messy with the stripes and fake virtual backdrop.
Just have a basic backdrop of the city without the clutter!

2 Likes

Apart from your points above, Today looks really nice from the news studio. I’d love to see the programme coming from that studio normally.

1 Like

Today was 123k behind Sunrise yesterday!

1 Like

I know it is early days, but given the strength of Nine’s primetime that is not a good look or a morale booster for the team or crew.

4 Likes

No. That looks quite nice. You don’t want skylines at night and morning. It’s overkill. It’s refreshing to mix it up a bit.

Again

1 Like

The problem with Today is that it’s becoming Sydney-centric and focusing on more serious news than Sunrise.

Ratings in Adelaide and Perth are woeful.

A swing in the ratings of 43,000 from Monday to Wednesday really makes no sense.

Nobody wants to watch a serious news show in the morning, they are getting up going to work/school they don’t want to feel depressed going there lol

I’m saying, keep the current backdrop but remove the fake backdrop and the stripes on the left of the screen.

The set looks fantastic without the need for pointless clutter.

Sam Armytage - a household name? I have to laugh.

1 Like

I would say she absolutely is. Maybe not like by everyone, but certainly most people would know of her.

7 Likes

So apparently Karlos has a bald spot according to Richard Reid

He joked about it all the time on the show but?

Since Today was out-rated by ABC’s Get Krack!n can we now call it the number 3 breakfast program? :wink:

5 Likes

She certainly wasn’t any more a household name than GG or Deb Knight when she ascended to Mel’s spot.

Kochie, Nat and Beretts weren’t instantly stars when Sunriseon7 launched, it took time. It’ll take time for Today but constantly changing teams won’t work.

Nine has disputed the claims that yesterday’s results were the worst for the show in OzTAM survey history:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/easier-to-turn-around-the-qeii-than-today-channel-9-break-shows-ratings-sink/news-story/6ee72dcf7ccafb7c33105b06c51ee461

Nine would be looking at more than just the average audience figures as we know that many more thousands of people watch Today than what OzTAM reports as the average.

1 Like