Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Disagree; there no evidence to support what you are saying; it’s just supposition; who knows which portion viewers prefer. Today has won several days in Brisbane in the last couple of week so there’s obviously no disadvantage. Being live seems to be helping.

Has anyone else thought maybe people in general are over breakfast TV now with the over saturation of their hosts in the tabloids? We all lead such busy lives most people would be watching other stuff on their phones on way to work (or radio if driving) what happened to live streaming they used to have?

I don’t think it has much to do with tabloids but definitely agree that people aren’t as connected with Today or Sunrise as they used to be.

Today’s ratings for yesterday were on a par with the numbers seen the day before - sub 200,000 at one of the lowest numbers seen and 60,000 behind Sunrise. So if there was a mistake in the coding on Wednesday, Nine made it again!

What do you all think of the new team for the past 2 weeks?

Honestly, I like it - and that’s coming from someone who was/is a massive fan of Karl. I’m interested to see the show from the new studio on Monday though; I’m sure many on this forum are too.

8 Likes

As posted in the ABC News area Peter Stefanovic, was sees at the ABC’s Ultimo headquarters this week.

I agree. They’re really bonded each other. Especially today with the winds destructed them

2 Likes

I like the new team. I’m still not sold on Steinfort and it’ll be interesting to see if Jones is going to work from Melbourne or what, but as a group they work really well together. Brooke Boney is excellent; hopefully she’ll be given opportunities to do more. It’s great to see the real GG back, too; she and Deb clearly get on and it all seems so much better without whatshisname. I hope they’re given the time they need to make this work.

3 Likes

Had a chuckle at this!

7 Likes

Back in their horrible cramped set. Weird looking background and error at top of intro, showing a still shot of Sam Stosur when discussing Trump.

Also not sure if it’s timing issues but promos and sponsor boards are getting cut off locally.

Saturday -

Alice Monfries presenting the weather.

Clint Stanaway presenting sport from Melbourne Park.

1 Like

For a start, there are studio renovations happening in studio 22 so they can’t be in there. Also, I assume that there are rehearsals happening this weekend so the production crew couldn’t stay in Melbourne for an OB.

Not to mention that WT lives in studio 23 on Saturdays (and Sundays when WWOS is on hiatus). I can’t see that changing.

Not yet. Almost but no there just yet.

I thought it was just some tweaks…

1 Like

You would have thought any work would have finished on Friday rather than Nine paying for it to be done on a Saturday.

5 Likes

That background looks shocking. Especially behind the newsreader position.

11 Likes

Awful.

3 Likes

No words can do justice to how bad that is.

1 Like