Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Weekend Show:

9 Likes

The four of them alternate between the headlines in the opener, like they did in 2017.

1 Like

Hitch on the show this morning!

3 Likes

Just saw a new promo for the show with a new endtag featuring a new group photo of GG, Deb and Tom. Shame no one else gets a mention, but decent promo nonetheless.

1 Like

Was this aired on Nine Sydney? I didn’t see it?

4 Likes

David messed up the intro and the name of the tax expert so he returned serve by saying no worries “Peter”. :joy:

Would’ve been even funnier if he said Karl :joy:

That segment was brilliant. No better way to handle criticism.

Speaking of criticism, was Brooke on yesterday’s show?

On a side note, the Weekend team is great.

6 Likes

The weekend edition seems like an improvement. I think David will do well.

7 Likes

Yep she was at Federation Square.

1 Like

Tony suits this format much better than 6pm news.

1 Like

Tony has certainly been the stand out of this new team. Really good decision there.

2 Likes

Always thought David would be a perfect addition to the weekend team (over the years l’ve said many times on this forum that he would be a perfect co-host for the weekends) ,he should have been given the role back when Cameron Williams left.
I would’ve preferred Clint Stanway on weekdays but happy he is on weekends for now.
I don’t believe Tony Jones will remain long term on weekdays anyway( l give it a year) . But l will say Tony surprised me this week because he was actually good in his new role and his banter with the team.

3 Likes

The promo wasn’t generic; promoting what was on Monday’s show. I really like the endtag nonetheless.

A fabulous BTS look at the OB:
https://twitter.com/matty_russell/status/1086351241699946496

Other graphics from the week
Themed RHS bug:

Making News full-screen graphic:

‘Your Money’ themed transition:

5-way Live X:

Crimestoppers Super:

And, I like the seating arrangement and use of plasma here:

9 Likes

@nationalnews it’s great that everyone is smiling and Deb’s hand on Georgie’s shoulder looks good.

5 Likes

Georgie seems so much more relaxed and happy to be on board this year… compared to last.

15 Likes

Allison and David are great together.

Both David and Clint are great additions to the show.

6 Likes

Found myself tuning in for longer this weekend.

1 Like

Same here, first time in a long time!

2 Likes