Today (2015-Sept 2020)

It is a shame some are so fickle and ignorant that just because you don’t agree with someone (who states their opinion in a very respectful way) they won’t even watch the show.

6 Likes

I am sure it has been suggested somewhere on this thread but wonder if James Bracey got a look in with this new lineup? He is good talent.

As soon as she opened her mouth, I knew she was going to get crucified on social media. It was a discussion. She shared her opinion articulately and respectfully. Do I agree with everything she said? No. But she has a right to say it without being abused. Some of the comments being directed at her are a disgrace. I had more of an issue with Tony Jones mansplaining.

9 Likes

I have an idea for a sports presenter but the problem is she has blonde hair and the usual (read News Corpse and Daily Fail) wankers will be outraged at the lack of “diversity”: Julie Snook.

Anyone would be better than Tony Jones. He comes across as very aggressive and opinionated. Just present the sport and lighten up, champ.

The gap has opened backup - Sunrise over 80k ahead for Thursday.

1 Like

It is because it is non-ratings season. The 6pm news endures similar changes. It depends on who is home.

1 Like

I’m sure the previous nights programming affects it too.

Today feels so much more dynamic out of that cavernous studio at TCN with dull as background loops.

They really need to commission a loop like New Breakfast has with moving cars, water, etc.

6 Likes

The “feedback” segment they just did was gold, as was Georgie here.

2 Likes

Sunrise won every market yesterday (easily).

3 Likes

This is when you need Karl :disappointed_relieved:

I heard a funny comment earlier about their audience/viewer numbers when some tourists at the tennis mistook them for the US Today team. Did anyone catch it?

2 Likes

I always wondered how people who miss out on that huge amount feels and the show just continues on. I hope this lady only entered a few times cause its expensive.

I did see that too :joy:

Tom said that some US tourists thought he was from the US Today show until they heard his accent. TJ then commented that the Aussie version receives more viewers than the US version which made everyone giggle including the floor crew; Deb mentioned that they’ll gain more viewers in good time. Pretty funny. Hopefully someone can grab it, I think it was occurred around 8am.

On another note, here’s another example of the great chemistry between the team after just 5 days on-air together.

Can I also mention (at the risk of being ridiculed because it is frowned upon to comment on talent’s looks/outfits), I was quite nervous about the pairing of Deb and GG because, in the past, whenever two women have presented together TODAY their outfits have frequently clashed/looked horrible together - however, the wardrobe dept. have done really well coordinating the host’s outfit choices this week.

Here’s an example of the previous pairings that I’m talking about:

And here are some examples of this weeks outfits:

2 Likes

That’s the best way to tackle the critics and get the supporters to rally behind them… air the good, bad and ugly comments and have a laugh.

15 Likes

I’ve got no idea what the ratings will show but I think this could be a winning team.

There’s a freshness about the show now that wasn’t there with Karl. It really was time for him to go.

13 Likes

Exactly. Better than Sunrise’s woeful handling of critical comments and controversial topics (such as the Stolen Generation with that loudmouth Prue McSween and how Koch tells the protestors to ‘do your homework’).

1 Like

You’ve become quite bitter about everything lately. Are you ok?

3 Likes

Saturday 19 January -

New weekend team-
David Campbell hosting with Allison with Jayne Azzopardi presenting News and Clint Stanaway presenting Sport.

Allison reading the weather forecast.

3 Likes