Today (2015-Sept 2020)

So probably Brooke will do Hollywood gossip, just like what Richard Reid did in 2008-2015

Iā€™m curious as to where they are in that shot? Lol

Airport.

1 Like

Thanks for that. For a moment I thought they were at a drinks bar at a sports ground, thatā€™s what the background resembled to me, whoops :joy:

1 Like

Haha no worries.

Also, very surprised to see that Richard was at the airport too.

1 Like

Thatā€™s hilarious :joy: :joy: :joy:

Sydney Morning Herald article with comments from the exec time producer saying there will be a new soft set with an ā€œopen loungeā€ and new graphics but nothing major. So I donā€™t suspect we will see a whole new set, also why rehearsals have happened on the current one with Brooke etc.

11 Likes

The article:

The Fail, No Idea and NoOneā€™s Day will just make stuff up regardless. Itā€™s what they do. Facts are never of interest to them.

1 Like

Idk Iā€™m just guessing here but I think this is their setup on Monday for AO

6 Likes

Itā€™s probably just me but Iā€™m not actually convinced broadcasting from the Tennis is such a good idea.

Weā€™ve seen the ratings in the past when Today do an OB, itā€™s not pretty.

Not the best way to introduce a brand new team.

I think they should be in studio.

3 Likes

It may be more about it being in Melbourne and wanting to regain the lost audience. Sunrise, while it still won the weeks associated with the AO, never got a boost from the tennis.

3 Likes

Perhaps the biggest change, and the one Nine, the owner of this masthead, seems eager to play down as much as possible, is the fact that for the first time in the showā€™s history the two main presenters are female.

-smh.com.au

Nine needs to tell the talent to play down talk about the all female host line-up, also. Gardner has already put her foot in it by making certain comments in the other Sunday rag. Like it or not there will be a huge backlash if viewers feel there is some kind of feminist, man hating agenda behind the appointment. All but a couple of the reader comments attached to the Tele article so far have been negative. They risk alienating half their audience before they even start.

Debā€™s boring home life wonā€™t stop the gossip rags inventing stories about tension on the set. I give it a month before we see the first report about tension and cat fights between the two hosts over who does the big interviews on this show.

Good theory, MediaWeek provided data this week showing Today (this week or last week) losing Melbourne easily. However winning Sydney on the other hand.

They should have just had 3 hosts. Georgie, Tom and Deb. Would save all the drama that will inevitably come their way. What they need to do is portray Tom as the 3rd host on air. Hopefully they do that.

5 Likes

Is anyone gonna upload the opener on Monday?

1 Like

Glad they are revamping the soft set and hopefully a few new panels (to replace the stripes) and a desk. We never expected an entirely new set because they are moving (hopefully to an open windowed studio) in the next year.

Today is different to Sunrise anyway. They had a strong audience to start with without the Aus Open OB. For Nine to launch on Monday from Melbourne is clever- possibly have the largest audience available watching the tennis to lure, marks the start of a new era for Today and 9WWOS and they are empashising their presence in Melbourne.

It is a balance, I think. Burling was very clear in the press release that it was talent based. However, in saying that, I think Nine should capitalise on being the only female duo at breakfast- it is a point of difference which is what they need. Moreover, during Karlā€™s tenure they reported a significant decline in female viewers. What better way to lure them back than with opinionated and respected female anchors?

They arenā€™t doing that, thankfully. Nine said that they tried a three-style format but preferred the two. To keep you and those conservatives happy (the ones @NewsWeary was referring to), I am sure that Tom will fill-in for both Georgie and Deb when they are away.

There have been hundreds of posts in this thread since Deb was named as host just 7 days. It is going to be hectic in here come Monday- outrage, caps and likely a video.

3 Likes

You donā€™t know me. Please donā€™t make assumptions. Iā€™ve never once said I didnā€™t like the idea of Georgie and Deb hosting together. I donā€™t have a problem with them hosting and it wonā€™t affect my viewing of the show. Whether we like it or not, the media will turn it into hate against males, itā€™s what they do, create trouble out of nothing. Get your facts right before you comment on people.

I donā€™t understand this logic tbh.
While I agree that they arenā€™t going to do anything major, two years is still quite a while away.

Think of when Adelaide moved to their new studio, they got a new set 2 years before they moved (?) and when they moved to the new studio the set was also carried over.
So surely the same thing could happen in the case of Sydney?

2 Likes

Even graphics wise, judging by what weā€™ve seen so far it appears that Today 2019 isnā€™t likely to be completely removed from the current/previous look.

Possibly although presuming that it remains mostly intact this year, the Nine Network brand will probably be due for a major relaunch by the move to North Sydney.

To me, it seems far more logical to make do with a relatively minor update to Todayā€™s set/graphics for the sake of a year or two and once the move happens, do a Network Ten 10 2018-style relaunch by changing everything (except channel names/logos) for whatā€™s likely to be promotionally overhyped as ā€œthe most advanced broadcasting facilities in the Southern Hemisphereā€ knowing Nine!

2 Likes