Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I mean it’s not ideal, but really… most networks or businesses would be the same. This kind of stuff gets overlooked all the time and the OCD in me wishes it was updated too but not a biggie IMO - I doubt that page on the website gets much traffic at all.

1 Like

Someone has obviously gone “we need to update the meet the team page. We need to add Tom”. That’s all they did, though. Nobody read it to see if it was correct.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s going to be a shocker of a week for Tony Jones next week. Assuming he presents sport on Today next Monday, he also has to present 3AW mornings, the Aus Open hosting gig and then (possibly) sport on the 6pm news. That’s a lot of presenting time for one day, let alone for one week.

6 Likes

A Nine spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia on Thursday: 'The feedback on social media has been overwhelmingly positive.

yet they post this rubbish. 2 people’s comments. ffs

1 Like

I didn’t see the interview, but I imagine the only people “slamming” Lara Vella would be people sympathetic to Anning’s utterly repugnant views. Leave it to the Fail to give oxygen to…people like that.

6 Likes

Nice farewell for Tim from Steve Jacobs this morning with a look back at favourite memories of his time on the show.
Also showed some social media comments wishing him all the best for the future.
Tim thanked everyone including former co-hosts and the shows crew on set for the farewell.
He is off on a road trip with his dad and boys next week.

9 Likes

8 Likes

So he’s the only one Nine execs still liked from the old team so he got a farewell?

9 Likes

Watched quite a bit of Today again this morning and still no promos for the new lineup. They’ve mentioned the AO and the CashCall but that’s it.

2 Likes

I think Tim was universally like by viewers. There has been a lot of outry, regarding him being replaced, since the new team was announced.

Plus, he has been with Today and Weekend Today for 10 years now and was a regular during 2003 and 2004.

Tim also hosted Today’s Agenda today (the first time that the female host hasn’t).

4 Likes

I think it’s more to do with the fact that the other hosts weren’t due back on air before the new started. Tim happened to be scheduled to work so he got a farewell. Also Tim is leaving the network whereas the others aren’t.

3 Likes

Here’s somewhat of a sneak peak of the new on-air graphics.

7 Likes

Are they bringing back the 2006 Nine logo?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Massive farewell for Tim from the looks of it. Shame that they couldn’t do the same for the other cohosts.

If things don’t work out well with Tony Jones doing sport remotely (?) then hopefully they will reconsider Tim.

I really don’t like that they’ve retained the block type logo on the left, I would’ve liked to have seen it move to the RHS and animate with a 9 News logo similar to the Today Show in the US.

5 Likes

Or like Sunrise???

I am not denying that replacing Tim with TJ is an attempt to strengthen their Melbourne audience, but is it possible that Tim also didn’t want reduced hours and less $$?

2 Likes

True, I forgot that their did that as I don’t really watch.

Would prefer it to be the news logo over the network one however.

1 Like

Nothing there looks much different to me. Obviously need to wait and see the whole package.

4 Likes

So will everyone finally accept that because they didn’t farewell Stevie that he must be staying on in some capacity?

1 Like