Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I feel sorry for Deb. Second fiddle for so long then finally gets the gig and again she got it because a man said no.

1 Like

Why feel sorry, she should be congratulated instead. A win is a win, a gig is a gig. No one will remember who turns it down a few weeks from now. It’s the same thing with film projects. The actors who ended up in the film are not always the first choice and sometimes the films are better for it.

9 Likes

Serious question, what does Nine see in Brenton that made them so desperately want him to succeed Karl?

3 Likes

Peter Ford tweeted that news about Ragless on the weekend. news.com.au following up a few days late.

He’s got the good family husband, ideal dad, middle class all around bloke image on him, which Karl was before he imploded, I think. His image would suit well with the targeted nuclear family that Today show is marketing to, the grocery buyers demo.

1 Like

Same here, i’d expect if Brenton had accepted i would’ve been Georgie and Brenton hosting with Deb as news presenter.

Hopefully he has a farewell on Fridays show.

5 Likes

Lol the shortest serving team member of the lot gets the farewell. Righto.

7 Likes

Didn’t realise he had been on the show for 5 years…

Just over 4 actually. Started late 2014.

3 Likes

Longest or shortest who cares… At least he has an opportunity for a on-air farewell. Karl and Sylvia were on leave when their departures were announced.
Only 5 years with the show for Tim but l thought he was certainly a good sports presenter and replacing him with Tony Jones well that’s a mistake in my opinion.
Over past three weeks he has been a great summer host.
Wishing him all the best for the future.

10 Likes

He doesn’t have the correct handle written on his post. He misspelled “show”.

Oh really the big issues :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The Daily Mail will report that as deliberate and an intentional snub, no doubt.

Yep. :blush:

He was actually a sports contributor for Today during the early 2000s (a role that Tony seems to be taking in 2019).

I cannot see anything more than a brief goodbye from Lara on Friday. Certainly am not expecting a full cake and flowers when the other 4 were dumped while off-air.

Yeah, I didn’t mind him either.

2 Likes

I can’t see TJ doing both gigs for long. I give it 12 months if it is 5 days a week. Plus he’ll have the Sunday Footy Show

2 Likes

Sure sounds like 5 days a week though, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Remember Tim contributing to the show back when Steve Liebmann and Tracy Grimshaw were hosting (around 2004).

3 Likes

How many do we have to go through this? It appears Tony will be doing sports on Today on Mondays and Fridays.

Today is going to be different this year… no individual sports presenter or weather presenter. Tony will probably present a few Sports Talk- like segments with Tom present news and the typical sport segment every day.