Today (2015-Sept 2020)

The whole show is a mess right now. I think it’s best the show gets a real new flick of paint as the Tennis starts.

4 Likes

Peter Stefanovic gone. Less Richard Wilkins. Moving Tracy Vo back to TCN. I am liking what Steve Burling is doing/thinking.

4 Likes

They badly need a new set and graphics. Everything presentation-wise is just disgusting.

8 Likes

They need to dissociate from any era of Karl and Lisa. Start afresh with a brand new logo and set design that compliments that fresh feel that the return of Georgie was meant to bring.

I do too.

Hopefully next on the agenda: Karl Stevanovic gone and reduced airtime for the wife of Today’s now former EP!

Who is that person?

Belinda Russell.

And yes, I know she’s seen more on Nine News than Today but if a reduction in her airtime results in an increased level of airtime for Sophie Walsh, then I’m all for it.

1 Like

Confidential has had the same story for a few months now. Eventually it has to come true, they hope.

1 Like

Can you imagine the endless amount of articles once it actually does happen?

2 Likes

Aren’t they endless now? There were five different stories yesterday alone resulting in countless articles.

• Nine slams Georgie Gardner pay-off claims
  • Nine denies Richard Wilkins leaving Today (but he will be seen less on Today)
  • Peter Stefanovic and Nine part ways
  • Tracy Vo returns to Sydney
  • Cassandra Thorburn has furiously hit back at claims she needs to move on from her broken relationship with Karl Stefanovic
5 Likes

Imagine that, x10 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Top story now.

Has Santa come early ? Or is it just a big tease :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The biggest mystery to me is, with all the negative publicity Karl has faced after his marriage break-up and subsequent second marriage, why did he organise such a public wedding and then sell the story and photos to a “gossip” mag? I’m sure Nine executive would have been furious to see such a big deal made of the ‘affair’. It should have been more private instead of rubbing it in everyone’s face and opening up old wounds with his family.

The stories coming out of Nine since then are that is exactly what happened and those execs are now taking action.

I don’t support Karl, but part of me wonders that if he didn’t sell photos to gossip magazines could the whole situation be just as worse? E.g. Tabloid making up even worse headlines, photographers trying to boycott his wedding etc.

But then again they probably still did it anyway. Either way, I think its time for him to leave Today before his whole career gets wiped out when they dump him.

If he’s willing this into the spotlight, Karl wants 9 to blink. If the company feels it doesn’t have a feasible path paved after him, they still need him around. All the while he continues to mail it in and perhaps wait for a severance package.

It’s a fascinating ness and certainly his ex wife has made things worse . What Karl have should done was taken an extended leave of absence when the marriage collapsed and focused on his family and personal life. Even I could see when he’s on the today presenting he’s just not with it , he looks stressed and to a certain extent unhappy. He has had a shit year .

Regardless of what you think of Karl’s presenting surely taking care of his emotional and mental health would have been the most pressing concern for him and the today team.

It’s like watching a Britney melt down back in the day.

I just hope he can fix his personal life and take it easy. Hopefully the Christmas period will help.

2 Likes

Karl is officially gone.

Nine statement (Darren Wick, Director of News and Current Affairs):

Nine and Karl Stefanovic have agreed it is time for him to step off the Today Show. Karl remains on contract with the network and will continue to host This Time Next Year, which records in February. For over 14 years Karl has been at the centre of the Today Show bringing his unique personality and perspective to the day’s news and current affairs. An announcement on the new line up and format of the Today Show will be made in the coming weeks.

Karl Stefanovic said:

For the last 14 years I’ve co-hosted the best show on television. I can’t thank Nine enough for the opportunity. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be good enough to host this grand show for so long. Thanks to our viewers mostly, you are what matters most. It’s been a tough time. Thanks for hanging in there. I look forward to seeing you in another capacity at this great Network soon.

15 Likes