Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I would certainly be in favour of Tracy Vo moving to Today.
But all the West Coast talent would slowly be moving away or to other areas of the network…

@blackbox reporting that it is due to cost reductions.

https://www.tvblackbox.net/costs-reduction-sees-peter-stefanovic-leave-nine/

2 Likes

Theres been changes in the past 15 months on today show

• Lisa Wilkinson leaving Nine To go To host the project (Sunday) on Ten in 2018. Georgie Gardner replaces Wilkinson.
  • Peter Stefanovic leaving nine after 15 years. However, Karl stays in 2019.
1 Like

Great to see them making some much needed changes.

Richard to stay at Today, but focus primarily on Today Extra. https://twitter.com/mrpford/status/1074865800492634112

1 Like

Nine seeing Craig Bennett on Studio 10 as a threat so Richard Wilkins will take him on, head to head. :wink:

Some of us still remember when Tracy Vo was a reporter for Nine News Sydney! :slight_smile:

But didn’t she move to Perth because of family reasons?

3 Likes

Where do we think Pete will pop up next?

From memory wasn’t she in Canberra too?

If the speculation is true it would be sad to see her leave Nine Perth, she is an asset there and is well known. She really should have replaced Tim and Emmy instead of Michael but that is a different story.

Preferably away from Seven and 10, we don’t need that families tabloid Toxicity near those networks

3 Likes

Community TV?

4 Likes

Anything is possible :man_shrugging:t3:

One would think someone like Peter would’ve considered his options before agreeing to part ways, no doubt he’s put feelers out at other networks with his management to see what else is available for him. Maybe reporting for 10?

Or maybe he was sacked but they let him save face by describing it as “parted ways”.

1 Like

Peter may not have agreed to anything…

3 Likes

While he was in Mexico? Now there’s a story…

I find it weird that the announcement went on Nine Celebrity rather than through their comms team :thinking:

Look at that. So even when you believe the rumour is dead because the network confirms its not true - it still ends up being true!!!

3 Likes

What’s “scuttle bug” I wonder?
Oh, perhaps they mean “scuttlebutt”
I do love it when people try to be clever… and fail

2 Likes

Yep… from 2011/12… She reported from Canberra, Tracy would be a great option as she’s one of the most underrated presenters in Perth (really should have been handed the main 6pm role at the start of the year) extremely talented.

5 Likes

I think Tracy Vo also did some time at Sky News, not sure in what capacity

I think this is a smart move, they need to disconnect the strong Stefanovic association with Today, I think moving Sylvia elsewhere would also be a good decision, for the same reason.

6 Likes

They just don’t know when to shut up. I expect to see at least five stories every day about the Today soap opera until ratings resume.

1 Like

She does not seem well.

1 Like

The Australian’s headline “Stefanovic booted from Nine” seems to more accurately describe what happened than the saccharine-dosed article from 9 Honey.

Nine’s Weekend Today host Peter Stefanovic has been boned by the network that made him and his big brother Karl famous — leaving colleagues in shock tonight.

But insiders say it was brother Karl’s big fat Mexican wedding 10 days ago to his second wife, shoe designer, Jasmine Yarbrough, that proved the final blow to the former high flying correspondent’s 15 year career at Nine.

Insiders say Stefanovic had been out of contract for some time and must have been waiting for the axe to fall.

5 Likes