Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine spokeswoman has confirmed Richard Wilkins will remain with the network next year.
‘Richard is a valued member of the Nine and Today family’,she said.
'He will remain with Today in 2019 and beyond '.

2 Likes

When networks release statements like that and if rumours are true all I think is that there is nothing stopping from the network from making his life hell until he decides to quit “on his own terms”

The last three paragraphs are interesting. Thorburn claims she didn’t talk to New Idea, but News Corp says they have proved she did.

I think she needs some rest and recuperation.

1 Like

That’s a shame.

Was never going to happen when he is highly regarded by the new boss.

no, she simply needs to just fuck off and get over it.

Knowing her, she’s pitching a breakfast format to Ten just to keep her ridiculous time in the spotlight alive some more.

1 Like

How close are you?

I’ve met her twice. Karl is copping a lot of shit but if I had to take a bet on who’s enjoying life and getting on with living, I know who it is. There’s more to life than work.

She needs to learn that things happen and things change, and to get on with it. There will only be so much publicity she can eek out before things take a turn and they come after her. If I was advising her, it would be to stay out of the spotlight, be quiet and the “bigger person”.

Hmmm yes, some colorful metaphors have been used by various people at Willoughby…

Yesterday’s denial.

Another day; another denial.

This show is really copping it haha.

1 Like

The show is copping it big time! The thing is though, a lot of media/tabloid articles are wrong, however, there has to be something going on. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. I heard someone on Sunrise way the other day say that they didn’t believe all the tabloid articles written about the Royal Family and Diana and then find out years later they were all correct.

Yes, some could probably be wrong, however, I think from the outside looking in it does seem like it’s a toxic place to work at the moment and I genuinely think somethings gotta give soon…

All I can say is if they treat their biggest supporter the way they have lately I’m not surprised it’s going downhill. I have a feeling there’s a lot of young people running the show now and KPIs to reach for the bosses.

7 Likes

Who’s next?

He was an excellent foreign correspondent but terrible at hosting.

6 Likes

And not so skilled at determining when to put your phone on loud speaker…

7 Likes

Sounds like the Stefanovic’s run at Nine is coming to an end…

1 Like

That is such a strange statement- “Nine and Pete have mutally parted ways”- like the network is a person.

Really hope this happens:

though Tracy is an interesting choice.

9 Likes

Probably to remove the NSW presenter dominance.

4 Likes

So who did we think will be his replacement on Weekend Today?