Today (2015-Sept 2020)

CONFIRMED: New Executive Producer for Today in 2019!!!

8 Likes

Breen? :smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a bit telling that he doesnā€™t known if his future is with 9 or elsewhere in 2019.

Some say quit; others say sacked.

So whose next in line? Alex Thornton?

Nope. Expect a stronger focus on current affairs :wink:

2 Likes

What am I missing?

The hint?

1 Like

Yeah. I donā€™t get it?

Never mind

Steve Burling, EP of ACA?

2 Likes

The EP from A Current Affair?

5 Likes

Could they entice Tom Malone back? Adam Bowland?

Adam has been there and done thatā€¦ twiceā€¦ I donā€™t think heā€™ll make it a hat trick.

Tom has the dream job. Why would he trade sport for Today?

When is Michael Pell off contract? I donā€™t think heā€™d do it either.

What I want to know is what is the real reason for the departureā€¦ the public utterances refer to the relentless workload etcā€¦ so we know thatā€™s not true.

2 Likes

I think the suggestion that Mark was fired from the position is far from true. I think he felt a lot of pressure in the last year- remember Hugh Marks hypocritically said that Karl and Today needs to pick up their game. In the face of rumours to replace Georgie after a difficult year, it is likely he supported her.

Or, perhaps, he was just out of ideas; forced to pick up his game, with a product he thought was decent.

2 Likes

You could be rightā€¦ maybe Iā€™m just a cynic.

And it may be that Mark is taking the fall for what has been a pretty ordinary year publicity wise, thanks mainly to Karl. Nothing to do with Mark of course but Nine had to be seen to do something,

Truth will outā€¦ eventually.

2 Likes

Iā€™d suggest that the EP of Today Extra might get a promotion, but a search finds that Bree Dwyer has only been running that show since June.

Perhaps Simon Hobbs (current Sydney news director) could be another option for the role if Nine wants someone with a track record of success over a number of years to lead Today?

1 Like

Would be nice to see someone from outside of 9 to give a fresh perspectiveā€¦but i doubt it.

4 Likes

A former executive producer of Studio 10?

4 Likes

Thursday & Friday -

Lara Vella is also presenting Entertainment.

2 Likes

https://www.tvblackbox.net/who-is-set-to-replace-mark-calvert-as-ep-of-today/

2 Likes