Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I have a feeling Stevie Jacobs will replace Natalia Cooper whilst she is on maternity and eventually return to his role.

Expect Natalia won’t want to travel once she returns and take on a new role or return to her old role as Weekend Today weather presenter.

11 Likes

Saturday -
Jayne co-hosting with Peter and Mark Burrows reading news this morning.
Aislin Kriukelis is presenting the weather from the Nine Telethon in Brisbane.

3 Likes

I hope that this isn’t the team they intend to use whilst Alison is on maternity leave.

3 Likes

Another dismal rating result for Today yesterday again below 200,000.

It was 70,000 behind Sunrise and the lowest in survey rating for 12 years.

So much for the whatever the OB was yesterday drawing viewers to the show - it drove them away.

The number was similar to

While the average audience 7am-9am is only part of the story for the breakfast shows it certainly is the thing that seems to attract headlines.

5 Likes

Hugh Marks is probably regretting playing down the importance of Lisa Wilkinson (or so he should).

6 Likes

Notice how this keeps happening for both shows when they do a roving telecast.

3 Likes

Today had its lowest rating in 12 years yesterday, according to Peter Ford. As you are not supposed to post ratings on Mediaspy, I won’t, so the figure is here:

1 Like

Additional: Same day last year (which was a few week’s after Lisa left) Today’s audience was 77,000 higher than yesterday.

1 Like

Where is the audience going, Sunrise or News Breakfast?

Both.

I dont know whose idea it was but for me personally, I couldn’t give two hoots about seeing strangers reunite and if anything I found it hard to watch cause I cringe pretty easy.

3 Likes

Mark Burrows does not look at all comfortable
Is he being punished for something he has done? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

How did they let it come to this? Something should have been done four months into Georgie’s debut. They don’t even promote their hosts anymore in their endtags; it is just generic (perhaps to deceive viewers??)

Get a new EP first and maybe start local news every hour for P.O.D.

1 Like

I wish we could as well (so we can see how badly some of the other shows out of the top 20 are), but I think there’s an agreement with OzTAM not to show the exact ratings of shows below top 20.

3 Likes

They should move the weekend show to Melbourne and get Rebecca Maddern involved

8 Likes

Precisely. We are bound to protect that agreement with them. Other websites may have different deals but that’s our deal. It’s frustrating, especially when Twitter accounts like MrTVAus seem to openly post data without any restriction.

4 Likes

I don’t think shifting productions is going to solve the problem. Focus on the main problems: Content, chemistry between Karl and Georgie, other presenters, set, graphics.

6 Likes

Some of the presenters are the problem though. They need to utilise more hosts from around Australia. Sunrise do this well.

4 Likes

Sylvia needs to go; ever since she started (no offense) there has been this vibe… Alicia Loxley or Wendy Kingston would be great, but wouldn’t move for family. Deb Knight is obviously the best option.

To be fair, one thing Today does well is its news coverage . They usually have their reporters covering major news items, and these reporters are often first on the scene. Sunrise’s news bulletins are very tabloid- they feature a lot of consumer (petrol, retail, shopping news) stories in the absence of big events. I am always more informed after watching what Today serves up.

3 Likes

Sunday: Pete and Jayne presenting with Mark Burrows on News and Mike Dalton presenting weather

3 Likes