Today (2015-Sept 2020)

So the Today Show was doing something special?

1 Like

That’s a first for Weekend Today (in a while) since they have done an outside broadcast - even though its in Sydney.

…and with Karl and Georgie. Herald Sun reports Nine would use its inaugural coverage of Australian Open tennis to relaunch the show.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/page-13/page-13-network-ten-to-get-rebranded-under-new-owners-cbs/news-story/e246922e83fa3794287d811140272053

5 Likes

I take it as just extended coverage though. At most I expect Allison live on location…

1 Like

Would love to be able to read that article.

1 Like

I’d imagine the best way of doing that would be to throw News Corp some coin! :wink:

Just one sentence with any info

CHANNEL 9 is set to use its first-ever telecast of Australian Open tennis in January to reinvigorate the Today show and restore Karl Stefanovic’s popularity.

PS - the item about Ten rebranding:

One will become Ten Boss. Eleven will be renamed Ten Peach.
Ten Eyewitness News will be 10 News First .

4 Likes

Some in-depth investigative reporting there from the Hun… obviously spent a few minutes reading MediaSpy.

Still, that’s more research than they’d normally do…

7 Likes

Ten Boss and Ten Peach??? Someone please explain these names.

1 Like

Any more out there than Mate and Dave?

Typical News Corp putting other website’s stories behind a paywall.

So Karl Stefanovic and Georgie Gardener may be part of the wider coverage … with Karl doing Neil Kearney type ocker colour stories? :smile:

just wait till dailymail rip it off.

2 Likes

Saturday -
Deb Knight co-hosting with Peter on location at Mrs Macquarie’s Chair in Sydney.

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting news in the studio.

Garry Youngberry presenting weather from Queensland.

6 Likes

Always great to see Deb on the show, miss her hosting Weekend Today. Strange that they usually use Jayne to fill-in but aren’t today.

6 Likes

They’re out on location but currently aren’t showing anything of the Royal Tour live? They could’ve stayed at home lol
… as I flicked across I saw Prue McSween. That’s where she ended up! Today can keep her- she’s way too loud and grating for a Saturday morning haha

2 Likes

Today beat Sunrise by 1000 viewers yesterday.

4 Likes

Must’ve been a power blackout in Perth and the people meters weren’t working…

1 Like

Wow. I don’t even think they did anything different to Wednesday and Thursday. For a Friday, usually their worst performing day, that is good.

I suppose it is live in Sydney, so that is all that matters… (?). I would assume Monday’s will be live into QLD.

Great to have Deb back and as expected she does a stellar job at ad-libbing for rolling coverage.

2 Likes

I think it might be because Sunrise was extended by one hour, so their ratings cover up to 10am which is a lower rating time. AFAIK Today finished at 9am.

4 Likes