Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Urgh those supers are back.
Seriously… All the Today supers are disgusting. :rage:

5 Likes

Lara Vella doing a far better job than Sylvia this morning IMO.

3 Likes

If today’s coverage is of before the royal’s arrival, I hate too see the coverage of their actual tour! So far we have had 30 minutes of rolling coverage.

1 Like

Today always manages to have ugly sets and GFX. Remember the perspex plastic with lights period? Yuck.

5 Likes

Yes, I saw that and switched straight to ABC. I have just had a two week break from breakfast television and didn’t miss Today at all.

Didn’t have time for the Cash Call because of the special coverage this morning :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Personally I think Today should’ve gotten a completely new On-Air Presentation package and moved into Studio 1 (with a few minor tweaks, the Sydney news set would work just fine for breakfast TV IMO) at the start of this year.

But even the basic promotional strategy for the launch of Georgie & Karl was completely wrong, when Nine really should’ve been shouting “Georgie’s Waking Up with Today again!” from the rooftops with promos featuring the cast/crew of Today and other news/current affairs programs cheering GG on as she walks through the TCN studios to the set and her seat with Karl. Again, I know it sounds incredibly cheesy to us but it’s something the average viewer probably would’ve lapped up.

All I can say is that Nine better have something really impressive for the move to North Sydney which is presumably the next time we’re likely to see a major On-Air Presentation relaunch for Today, if not the whole network.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Today returning next year :open_mouth:

10 Likes

With Karl Stefanovic. News Corp’s Confidential will be shocked.

6 Likes

:rage: i thought it would be been axed or the presenters changed oh well nine loss once again for 2019

I think Today are expecting a sudden insurgence in their ratings over summer with the tennis (like what used to happen when The Block started in the later half of the year). But, when you have not had a decent product in more than 12 months, I don’t know how that can even happen. They will realise that the tennis cannot do anything for the show and I expect some tweaks for late January next year. As for Stefanovic, anything can happen- Lisa Wilkinson was in last year’s.

3 Likes

5 Likes

why is news.com.au running a hatchet job on Karl?

Karl ‘moving on’ wouldn’t get mentioned at Upfronts. It will be a seperate announcement if/when the times comes.

3 Likes

Can anyone with contacts upload the MAFS style promo they filmed for the event?

1 Like

Does Ross Greenwood still feature on the show each morning?

Why would Nine expect something sunrise didn’t ever get? Apart from being inside Melbourne Park, there is nothing actually happening from 5.30-9am?

An insurgence? An active revolt or uprising?

1 Like

No, he has not appeared as a regular since Jan 22.He probably appears twice a week as an interviewee in 7am block at best. This is probably why this has happened (Michael Pell retweeted it):
https://twitter.com/kevinperry/status/1050525739726991360?s=20

3 Likes