Today (2015-Sept 2020)

They do every Sunday.

2 Likes

Ok. Clearly I don’t watch the show much on a Sunday morning :sweat_smile:

And again today.

1 Like

Monday & Tuesday -

Stevie Jacobs presenting weather and Sylvia read News & Entertainment.

3 Likes

Wednesday (12.09.2018): Aislin Kriukelis is presenting the weather this morning.

2 Likes

Wednesday - Friday

Aislin presenting weather from Brisbane.

1 Like

Monday -

Natalia Cooper is back from holidays.

2 Likes

Natalia and husband are expecting their first child in Feb next year

2 Likes

5 Likes

Steven Jacobs comeback? Come next year. Doubt she will want to still be travelling with a small child.

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see who they get to fill-in as Aislin Kriukelis said last week, whilst she was on weather duties, that she was pregnant. Steve Jacobs might be a possibility but they will have to work out his commitments. Maybe Lara Vella?

As for whether she will return, that is debatable. They could work around it; do a few weeks in Sydney, then a few weeks in SA etc. Or they could allow her to do the weather from the studio and have a Melbourian (Bec Maddern) do sport on location, mainly in Vic and rotate studio duties.

Congrats to Natalia, BTW.

1 Like

They started using a stedi cam today, it was so refreshing. At one point the hosts mentioned the stedi-cam was rocking like a boat. A bit more practice and I think it will be a great addition to the show. Hopefully giving it a nice refresh.

3 Likes

Today have been hovering around 240,000 for about a month now; not bad.

Not the first time. Hope they continue to use it though.

Today’s average has been considerably lower than that; about 50,000 less than Sunrise on average for the last 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Wednesday (19.09.2018): Sylvia Jeffreys is co-hosting with Georgie this morning; Karl is live in Wamuran, QLD with special coverage of the Strawberry Sabotage. Lara Vella is reading the news.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I get that its a big story and worthy of attention, but is it the type of story that warrants your main host anchoring on location?

2 Likes

I lean towards, yes it is. A whole industry is on the verge of collapse - with others threatened - and it affects every day Australian consumers. Today have placed their anchor in the epicentre of the issue.

6 Likes

Having family members in the Strawberry industry, yes, this is a huge story.

My family’s Strawberry Farm is located in Orange, NSW and fortunately enough their farm only supplies local stores, their has been a great response from the Central West Community. Unfortunately though other local Strawberry Farms who sell their product to national stores are having to dump tonnes of berries (a whole seasons worth) because they are not needed.

5 Likes

Yesterday’s ratings for Today were terrible.

Approx 70,000 behind Sunrise. First time for a regular edition without a 2 in front of the national figure (only other times have been New Years Day editions). More than 90,000 lower than the same day in 2017; 120,000 lower than 2016, 2015 and 2014 numbers and lowest in 10 years during survey.

3 Likes