Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Wednesday (29.08.2018): Deb Knight is co-hosting with Karl this morning as Georgie is off sick. Stevie Jacobs is presenting the weather.

4 Likes

Deb is so versatile and committed to 9

7 Likes

Karl and Georgie made a guest appearance on The Block tonight.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/karl-and-georgie-gatecrash-the-block-just-to-troll-sara-and-hayden/news-story/5d03ee15b93c4b25fba5b19b55eb94a5

2 Likes

Thursday (30.08.2018): Deb Knight and Tm Gilbert are is co-hosting today as Karl and Georgie are off sick. Stevie Jacobs is presenting the weather.

5 Likes

Good to see they chose Deb over Sylvia to Co-Host

9 Likes

Deb has a lot more life in her than Georgie on Today. She’s not afraid to say what she thinks or just making things seem more ‘human’

6 Likes

Off the last two days to get Skin Cancers removed. Hope G is ok… has got a fair few removed in the past.

5 Likes

Friday (31.08.2018): Deb Knight and Ben Fordham are co-hosting this morning as Karl and Georgie are off sick. Stevie Jacobs is presenting the weather.

3 Likes

Great team with Deb and Ben hosting this morning, Ben left around 8.30 as he had a prior engagement at his sons school for Fathers Day.

A follow up from @SEQTelevision post

Georgie is returning on Monday.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the ratings don’t reflect that. Since the Telethon the gap** has been about 40000. Wednesday (with your suggested duo of Karl and Deb) increased to 55000 which rated even worse than when Tim was hosting!*** Yesterday it exceeded 60000. Of course this isn’t saying that Karl and Georgie have not distanced themselves by 60000 but they did seem to close it over the past fortnight.

** Unsure of Friday 24th August though.
*** Not considering that The Block didn’t rate too well on Tuesday night.

Peter is back hosting with Allison and Garry Youngberry is presenting weather from Birdsville in Queensland this weekend.

2 Likes

Peter is back?

I guess it’s back to Basil and Monique then.

5 Likes

Monday -

Karl and Georgie are both back hosting.
Stevie Jacobs is presenting weather again this week.

3 Likes

I’m honestly surprised that Today haven’t permanently moved into Studio 1 (the Sydney/national news set looks like it’d work perfectly fine for Today with only different images on the screens) or Studio 3 to save money and go to automation.

Either way, the network needs to do something because they’ve been losing the ratings to Sunrise in Sydney (one of Nine’s strongest rating markets in recent years) recently - that has to be a major concern for them!

2 Likes

Not just Today. Weekend numbers are down and Extra gap has increased with the weaker lead-in; less revenue.

GMA not crash hot at the moment. I think they need to stop trying to be like Sunrise.

New set and graphics please and more left-wing commentators. I think the lack of A-List guests is affecting viewership the most though.

3 Likes

Thursday (06.09.2018) - Friday (07.09.2018): Sylvia Jeffreys is presenting Entertainment, in addition to reading the news.

2 Likes

Jayne hosting with Mark Burrows on News.

3 Likes

Happening this weekend.

3 Likes

Saturday -

3 Likes

Weekend Today is coming from the same studio as the weekday version this morning (I can never remember the studio number).